How am I going to power all of this?

Patula71

Hey guys, new to the forum and semi new to the car audio scene so I need a little assistance. I recently purchased a 15 inch power acoustik mofo 4 ohm and a 3500 watt power acoustik amp. I'm running a pretty good size battery in my truck, but I need to know what else is required to run such a powerful amp. It might be a dumb question, but I could really use some help/ recommendations. Thanks guys.

yeah you don't need anything else to run it with only one 4ohm DVC sub.

Parallel the subs coils to create a 2ohm load on the amp. Make sure your tune the amp with a DMM for like 500watts rms because that's all your getting with that amp at 2 ohms.

Come on guys everyone starts somewere.. look into a capasiror (sorry for my spelling) or just doing the big 3. Possobly a small battery in the back if you didnt want any voltage drop
for his situation, a capacitor is pointless, and so is big 3. He can run his setup as is so long as he doesn't try to pull more than 500-700wrms at 2ohms. His vehicles electrical system, I'm guessing, could handle this type of power output. Most vehicles can.........

I'd expect at most around 1000 watts out of that amp.
yeah at 1 ohm. He's wiring a dual 4ohm coil woofer down to 2 ohms.

Like I said, 500watts is your safest bet from that amp at 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.