Problem with my head unit. Popping sound...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just unplugged them, no change.
You never know if not present to figure out. So we begin to trouble shoot and rule things out.Its possible that you may have placed a negative wire up to a poss. wire on the HU,or you have a bad speaker as well.That would be my next step. Pull the HU out and remove the wires from that and check the ohm load on each speaker and if good rewire there.Alot easier than pulling the door panels again

You never know if not present to figure out. So we begin to trouble shoot and rule things out.Its possible that you may have placed a negative wire up to a poss. wire on the HU,or you have a bad speaker as well.That would be my next step. Pull the HU out and remove the wires from that and check the ohm load on each speaker and if good rewire there.Alot easier than pulling the door panels again
So I tried unhooking eack speaker 1 at a time and it continues to do the same thing. Probably a dead or dying head unit? I don't know at this point but I know I can't afford a new one right now.

Update: So I bought a new pioneer deck... It does something similar. Starts to cut out at half volume +
Is this caused by my door speakers and rear deck speakers being 2ohm speakers??? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

I have Infinity Kappa 50.11cs in the front doors

https://www.infinityspeakers.com/KAPPA+50.11CS.html

Infinity Kappa 693.11i rear deck speakers

https://www.infinityspeakers.com/KAPPA+693.11I.html
it literally shouldn't be an issue at all, mostl head units can handle a 2 ohm load. Check for any shorts/corossion along your speaker wiring.

Sounds like a bad ground.
I ran my own ground a few days ago thinking that was the problem but it changed nothing.

With this new pioneer deck it starts cutting out at about 40 volume and if I let it keep cutting out it goes into protection and shuts down. Like I said earlier, I unhooked one speaker at a time and it still did it on each speaker individually. With only one speaker going at a time though, it took a higher volume to make it cut out

40? What's the max volume? Why you have the volume so high up?
Max is 63. I turn it that high cause they are so quiet. I know they are 85rms and 100rms so I figured they were so quiet because they are so underpowered. Deck is 22rms.

I just went and pulled the deck out to make sure all the speakers were in phase (and they were). Then, again, I unhooked all of them and tested them 1 at a time with the same result. Cutting out at half+ volume.

Never seen such a thing. I really hope someone has had a similar problem or knows some kind of fix for it cause I have a lot of money in this **** thing and can't even use it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.