Adding batteries, looking at options

inteva6184

Senior VIP Member
pa
The other day I posted about my setup with a taramp hd-5000 and I was quickly schooled about how inadequate my electrical was. So far I swapped my junk ac delco with a odyssey and put in some better ofc wire. Voltage drop is much better but as you all know it still needs batteries by the amp. My issues are I dont know jack, I am limited on space and I am poor haha. So my question is could I buy one or two XS Power D680 batteries or something similar and have them just help out or would that be to much drain on one or two small batteries and damage them? Also could I just wire them up or do I need a isolator?

The other day I posted about my setup with a taramp hd-5000 and I was quickly schooled about how inadequate my electrical was. So far I swapped my junk ac delco with a odyssey and put in some better ofc wire. Voltage drop is much better but as you all know it still needs batteries by the amp. My issues are I dont know jack, I am limited on space and I am poor haha. So my question is could I buy one or two XS Power D680 batteries or something similar and have them just help out or would that be to much drain on one or two small batteries and damage them? Also could I just wire them up or do I need a isolator?
What is your budget?

What is your budget?
I mean I don't know if I have a budget per se. It is what it is and I have to make it right however I still want to do it as cheap as I can and I might not be able to do it right away.

What about big 3? HO alt?
I have the Big 3 done I did not do a high output alternator it seem like people kind of agreed that money would be better spent on batteries by the amplifier.

I guess the basic question is if I put one or two small AGM batteries back there to kind of help out am I going to damage those batteries because they Maybe under-sized for the size battery bank that I really need.

The Northstar is $30 more.
Thats why I recommend the Lithium. Stupid tiny size and very powerful.
Oh ok I was just under the assumption you were still saying I should get two. Would one be alright to run for awhile? I am just always a little nervous about lipos because of my experience with rc. In the rc world if you over charge, over discharge or pull to many Amos to fast you can damage or even smoke one very quickly.

Couple Interstate batteries from Costco would be good...and cheaper too. Got one for my Tahoe not long ago for 80 bucks, new. Might wanna take that into consideration.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.