Problem with my head unit. Popping sound...

Participant count
  • Participant list
how do you have the headunit powered and grounded?
The power is spliced into my 4gauge that runs to my trunk. The ground is ran to small self tapping screw directly to the body. (All paint scraped away.)

I have just been reading about this everywhere online and it sounds to me like the head unit just can't handle the 2 ohm impedance of these speakers.

The power is spliced into my 4gauge that runs to my trunk. The ground is ran to small self tapping screw directly to the body. (All paint scraped away.)
I have just been reading about this everywhere online and it sounds to me like the head unit just can't handle the 2 ohm impedance of these speakers.
Try a 4 ohm speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Check grounds real well. maybe even add a chassis ground if it doesn't have one already. And check the switched power lead wire for any issues.
The starting ask on diyca.com is $2,500, so no telling what they want in the end, maybe $500k lol. Funny that caraudio.com is no longer valid for...
Sweet!! Im happy to hear that it was not a major issue.!! Very nice man. Thanks for letting us know what the culprit was!!
https://www.caraudio.com/threads/all-bnib-focal-fdp-4-600-ds18-exl-p2500-1-sundown-audio-sfb-1000-4d-350x4-4ohms.614462/ :)
Using a Y RCA to split signal from amp to amp to give both amps the signal they need from the HU and subs in different /separate enclosures tuned...

About this thread

Bburchett1

Bburchett1
Chaska, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Bburchett1