Problem! Box I got from Vitveet

MrSplorDie
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, I'm bringing this up to get other opinions from others on the forum.

A month ago I paid for a box from vitveet, I paid $125 and did not pay for the $15 for bracing. So the box arives with-in 4-5 days. I hook it up and try to but it in my trunk but the box is .25inch to long and I had to almost break my trunk to get it in there. The box isn't even that great sounding, its roughly 5.5 cubes tuned to around 33hz for 3 Type R's.

A week later I'm driving and I loose alot of b*** and I heard wood rattling in the trunk. Turns out that the whole back wall of the box separated from were the back and bottom meet. At first I thought he didn't use screws but after pulling the carpet back, I see he did use screws..... 3 of them!!! to secure a 47' long wall!! No wonder he sent me an email advising I should brace the box if im using over 1500 watts because he knew it wouldn't stand up! but I only was using an over-rated hifonics 1206D @ 1.33 ohms .

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo.jpg

I even sent him pictures of the boxes back wall, which I had to cut and pull the carpet back to do. After I tell him about the problem and send him the pics he wants me to 1. Send the box back to get fixed or 2. He will send me more screws "free of charge" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif I end up putting the back wall back together using gorilla glue and plenty of screws. Everything seems ok until a couple days later my middle speaker falls out..why? Because the hole was cut to big to the sub,

photo8.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

Now I'm really pissed. Am I in the wrong at all?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif At this point im pissed Ive wasted my time and money, and I've been asking for my money back or another box built, Isn't this the right solution?

Thats just a ****ty glue job, Ive never used screws and i ran 7k to my pair of 12's and no glue joints ever gave in. Glue is what holds boxes together not screws and they dont make a box stronger either. That piece shouldnt of came apart. But maybe you had some part in it from making it fit in your car? Also dont use gorilla glue just use Titebond II.

I might be new to the game again but I would love to see just glue hold a box together. Wow I know glue can be some strong stuff. Not sure that three screws and some glue would hold a box together well :/

I used to build boxes when I stayed at a house and I used titebond as well and used screws for added re-inforcement, but its been so long that I couldnt find any wood glue and had some gorilla glue lying around

No i had it in for like a week, and how could putting a box in the trunk cause the back to come apart?, and i put the speaker in while trying to angle all the screws in but now the alpine logo is at an angle, but come on what type of bs is this with this box

From shoving it in there maybe but anyways just use some titbone II and screws dont "re-inforce" a box. Glue is what bonds the wood together screws are simply used to hold the wood together while the glue drys. I use clamps. Just re glue and from the looks of it the screws from mounting subs are being drilled straight down, try drilling at a angle and u should be fine. Just dont buy a box from him again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thats just a ****ty glue job, Ive never used screws and i ran 7k to my pair of 12's and no glue joints ever gave in. Glue is what holds boxes together not screws and they dont make a box stronger either. That piece shouldnt of came apart. But maybe you had some part in it from making it fit in your car? Also dont use gorilla glue just use Titebond II.
Thats what I was thinking...

Honestly I don't think he should give you the money back or build another box for you but thats just my opinion...

I'm pretty sure you can fix it easy...

Hope you guys work this out

Yup the glue is stronger than the wood itself, so you dont need screws.

Couldnt you tell the middle sub wasnt screwed in good when you installed it? It wouldnt have just fallen out if all 8 screws went in good and no holes were stripped.

I was over-exaggerating when I said "break my trunk" The box goes into my trunk fine... Its when trying to close the trunk lid came the problem, since the box was off by .5 it was pressing against the trunk hindges which i manually pushed out by hand... Ill go snap some pics and upload them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.