Pioneer dmh-160bt vs kenwood dmx125bt

Bass so loud it HZ

CarAudio.com Regular
So i won both of these head units in a raffle for very cheap. Im running a cheaper single din kenwood with 2.5 v preouts right now. I decided im switching to a double din mainly for the back up camera (Bpillar Wall) and the ability to get a more in debth EQ . Both just have 2v per outs. The pioneer is a little more expensive but has the usb in the back so i would have to pull my headunit to change it. The kenwoods sub output is wierd and only has one rca output(how do i even hook my amps rcas to this?). Anyone have any experience sith these headunits? Im leaning torwards the pioneer...

Attachments

• 17039437688814168553132888885957.jpg
    17039437688814168553132888885957.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 17039445211251142019085590858304.jpg
    17039445211251142019085590858304.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 13
Sub output is summed on the Kenwood so if you use it you can split it at the off the HU to you L/R out to the sub if you already have a L/R rca going to it. This is a decent one that is twisted pair and shielded.

Amazon product ASIN B005DL2OVE
As far as which is best, I'd say probably close enough to just get the one that has the most features. Looks like the Pio fits that bill. As for the USB dilema, problem solved!

Amazon product ASIN B09TPBJKS8

Last edited:
You could still use a LOC if you wanted more output voltage.

I would make sure the deeper one fits, you might already be limited.

They should both have a 13 band eq and Bluetooth, unless they are REALLY CHEAP. If they are cheap, they won't have nav. Apple carplay or android auto might be a decision maker. (wired, or wireless).

Perhaps the front display is different. I know I hate using touch screens and find them difficult to use without looking at, while buttons can be controlled by touch alone.

Maybe you could trade them both for a better one, if you're not too thrilled.

Power output per channel might matter, but probably not.

USB on the back is a little cleaner, just get a cord and route where you want it. Could be up in the console, or glove box to hide it, could get a mount and route it to a automatic phone cradle/charger/holder to where it's visible.

I would look up the manuals for both, and compare.

I would personally hook both of them up on the bench and go through the features / menu to see which I liked better. No need to hook any speakers to them as I’m sure they sound close enough, just go through the menu(s) and all the settings, connecting phone, etc.

Or as mentioned, possibly sell both for a better unit, but that may or may not be worth the headache, and perhaps not even needed if they have the features you need. But yeah, they seem like similar units, so I would test the functionality to determine which one I wanted to use.

The USB input is easy enough to run an extension cable to, and a y splitter for the subwoofer RCA output like shown above. So I don't see an issue there for either, at least to me.

I would definitely go with the Pioneer. More features, more add on options, and 6-preouts. 2v can be bumped up with a line-driver. As mentioned, a USB extension can be purchased pretty cheap. I believe they come with one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...