Pioneer DMH-ZF8550BT no sound when answering phone call

Participant count
  • Participant list

dmcabs

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys,

I am from Australia and have a Pioneer DMH-ZF8550BT headunit. I noticed this model is not sold in the USA, but looks similar to the other DMH models sold there.
It's a single DIN unit with a 9" Floating Display with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto.

When my iPhone is connected to the headunit by Bluetooth, if I answer a phone call, I cannot hear any audio.
I have also tried a Samsung Galaxy and the same issue occurs.

I have checked settings and cannot seem to work out why there is no audio on Bluetooth phone calls.

Any suggestions?

Not sure, but with nothing playing on the headunit, when you answer a call on bluetooth you cannot hear the caller. Thats the problem. I cannot hear the caller through the headunit speakers.

Not sure, but with nothing playing on the headunit, when you answer a call on bluetooth you cannot hear the caller. Thats the problem. I cannot hear the caller through the headunit speakers.
Sounds like a setting to me. Could be in the HU or the phone. Can the caller hear you?

Last edited:
I got my microwave hooked up to my stereo...the bass drop when my hot pocket is done is quite frankly breathtaking...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...