Pioneer DMH-WT76NEX questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

stevec5375

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just recently had a new Pioneer DMH-WT76NEX installed in my 2016 Honda CR-V Touring. I have a few questions that perhaps you could help me with.

1. I'm trying to set up Alexa. When I press on the Alexa icon I get a screen with "Setup" on it. When I click on Setup I get an error message "Something went wrong. Please try again." I have both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled and connected to my Pixel 6 Pro Android phone. Anyone have any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it?

2. When I attempt to add a Favorite, it is not added but the Favorites screen comes up and shows "NOT REGISTERED" and that is all. As far as I can tell the head unit *IS* registered.

3. When I use Google Maps in Android Auto the turn directions activate too late. By the time I get "turn right onto..." I'm practically past the turn off location.

4. The installer got my backup and right lane change cameras working. However, when I move the gear shift lever from Drive to Reverse the screen flashes up the backup camera. I'm not letting the shifting linger on the 'R' at all but rapidly shifting into Park. Can iDataMaestro be programmed to do a slight delay before putting up the backup camera image?

5. Can Alexa and Android Auto both be on at the same time? Someone told me that if I activate Alexa I can't use Android Auto. Why not? I want to be able to use Alexa when I'm not running Android Auto.

I appreciate any information on this you can offer. Thanks.

I just recently had a new Pioneer DMH-WT76NEX installed in my 2016 Honda CR-V Touring. I have a few questions that perhaps you could help me with.

1. I'm trying to set up Alexa. When I press on the Alexa icon I get a screen with "Setup" on it. When I click on Setup I get an error message "Something went wrong. Please try again." I have both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled and connected to my Pixel 6 Pro Android phone. Anyone have any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it?

2. When I attempt to add a Favorite, it is not added but the Favorites screen comes up and shows "NOT REGISTERED" and that is all. As far as I can tell the head unit *IS* registered.

3. When I use Google Maps in Android Auto the turn directions activate too late. By the time I get "turn right onto..." I'm practically past the turn off location.

4. The installer got my backup and right lane change cameras working. However, when I move the gear shift lever from Drive to Reverse the screen flashes up the backup camera. I'm not letting the shifting linger on the 'R' at all but rapidly shifting into Park. Can iDataMaestro be programmed to do a slight delay before putting up the backup camera image?

5. Can Alexa and Android Auto both be on at the same time? Someone told me that if I activate Alexa I can't use Android Auto. Why not? I want to be able to use Alexa when I'm not running Android Auto.

1. Make sure you have internet connection and go through setup in the Alexa app.

2. This for contacts? If you have them favorited on your phone under contacts, did you share your contacts / allow your HU access to your contacts?

3. Try Waze, just to see if it's any different. If it gets rid of the delay. That way you can isolate the issue. Could be a battery saving setting. So GPS could be asleep half the time. Another thing is check the setting on Google Maps. Maybe you have to manually set it to driving. Maybe it's stuck on another source of transportation. Make sure it's always on, precise location settings on the phone. Specifically Google Location Accuracy under Location Services.

5. I'm sure you can, but I think AA was designed as an all in one solution. Some of the functions being redundant. You'd have to really distinguish which features you want from each when in use. If I was to guess, I want to say it's hardware limited. If you get on a video call with someone, while on the video call, try to use the camera... it will say it's in use by another app. If Alexa is on standby listening maybe the mic is also limited to work with one application at a time. You can use Alexa for general use and Android Auto for driving. You'd be keeping them separate.

1. Make sure you have internet connection and go through setup in the Alexa app.

2. This for contacts? If you have them favorited on your phone under contacts, did you share your contacts / allow your HU access to your contacts?

3. Try Waze, just to see if it's any different. If it gets rid of the delay. That way you can isolate the issue. Could be a battery saving setting. So GPS could be asleep half the time. Another thing is check the setting on Google Maps. Maybe you have to manually set it to driving. Maybe it's stuck on another source of transportation. Make sure it's always on, precise location settings on the phone. Specifically Google Location Accuracy under Location Services.

5. I'm sure you can, but I think AA was designed as an all in one solution. Some of the functions being redundant. You'd have to really distinguish which features you want from each when in use. If I was to guess, I want to say it's hardware limited. If you get on a video call with someone, while on the video call, try to use the camera... it will say it's in use by another app. If Alexa is on standby listening maybe the mic is also limited to work with one application at a time. You can use Alexa for general use and Android Auto for driving. You'd be keeping them separate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...