Phers1er's build log...

techflex is looking good. I really need to get around and fixing up my wiring. That carbon colored flex is really nice too.
That fuse holder is beautiful. You do some really good work with metal. That fuse holder and those subs look amazing, absolutely beautiful. Maybe SSA will send ya some free recones due to your sweet work, lol well one can dream haha. Can't wait to see the rest of the build, and keep posting up the little details too lol.
Thanks, It took me two tries to get the paint on the fuse holder mount right.

Free SSA recones would be nice (haha).As of now I'm hoping to work out a trade with TeamPSI on the recones(Art work for recones:)).

im not dumping on your build but why do you consider cavalier a POS because everyone else on here drives 20-30g cars and think there cool?? i love my cavalier and it has yet *knock on wood* to break down on me...yes it may be cheap made but atleast it runs...
btw nice looking install!
The POS statement was not intended to reflect my thoughts of all cavaliers.

Just mine LOL.

Very sweet!
Every thing looks good!
Thanks guys.

i have to say, those are some sexy ass motor/baskets. i hope you don't mind if i ever decide on stealing your technique on them.keep up the good work.
Thanks, due to not having the right tools for the job I have spent alot of time on them, So that is really nice to hear.

As for the Idea/technique, I'm surely not the first to do this so knock your self out.

I have never seen an install that I have felt this way about! Your attention to detail absolutley inspires me as an installer and makes me feel challenged to step my game up. I am pulling for you with the car audio gods and asking them to allow you to have an awesome outcome with this build man! Good job and good luck!

Wow, never got to peep your thread as it is websensed at my work computer.

Have to say, your attention to detail is 2nd to none. Very nice so far and I bet those Hertz speakers sound very good, especially with all the time spent on the doors.

Excellent job!

Thanks guys, I'm hoping that the rest of your opinons of my install follow suit. Because I'm kind of winging it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I really have not been working on the car lately but I'm hoping to get all the power wire run some time this weekend.

I was bored today and decided to yank out my old yellow top a clean it up a bit(The wiring looks pretty good so I could not bring my self to just leave it). I put it in the car when I bought it new in '02 and I had not touched it since. Its still going strong after almost 6 years and I probably will not replace it until I have to.

I'm hoping to pick up a couple more for the trunk in the near future.

Before

66.jpg

After:cool: I

67.jpg

Not much I know... Just trying to keep the thread moving.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Bought some new mids really cheap that I always wanted to try out. They will be mounted in the kicks until I decide If I like them or not... Or until I can afford hertz space 8's or HV 200's What ever comes first.

I will be making aluminum trim rings for these that match the fuse holder mount/subs and flush mounting the illusion grills into them.

The kick panel pods will be mdf/fiberglass and will be made to accommodate a larger mid.

The larger baffle will be offset by the aluminum trim ring so it does not look funny.

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

Still haven't done anything else... I need to stop slacking and get some of this stuff done.

Got a little done today. I made a bracket out of mild steel and painted it so I could mount the fuse holder and ran some wire.

Heres some pics of the fuse mount and battery installed. The air filter should tuck right under the fuse holder.

72.jpg

73.jpg

Heres the best shot I could get of the bracket .

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

Hopefully I can get a few more things done tomorrow.

Edit: My old air filter fits pretty good but it needs to be replaced soon(theres only about an inch or so in between the fuse and filter).

78.jpg

next up will be the big 3

I want to start on the enclosure soon, I'm thinking around 8cf tuned to 34hz. I'll be removing the back seat and would like to keep the box below window level by using the part of the trunk to accommodate the enclosure.

not sure if I'm going with aero ports or a slot port.

Any opinions or input on the use of one or the other???

Thanks in advance...

If you don't have experience building ported and want the easiest way I would go with slot port, aeros aren't as easy as you would think.

But from looking at the rest of your install I would do the aeros just for the better looks. Seems like you have all the tools to make an easy job out of about anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks man!!

Btw: So far I'm leaning towards the aero's since I have 0% experience building ported enclosures.
Yeah do aeros, takes up less space, dont need as much port area, and you can change tuning. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Not much, been lazy/broke lately. I did finally get a deal on the recones worked out with team psi and they should be completed soon. I sold the Illusion mids and plan on going with hertz hv200's once my budget allows. The rockford fosgate threesixty is also out of the picture because I have decided to go with some audiocontrol pieces I think will suit my install and wallet better.

Seems like you have all the tools to make an easy job out of about anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I wish!! haha, most of this stuff has been done with my trusty old jig saw and router(the only two power tools I own out side of my drill).A few pieces I had to do at work (the RF logo and the angled speaker baffles). But my boss does not seem to like me doing projects on my breaks. So I no longer have access to their tools.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yeah do aeros, takes up less space, dont need as much port area, and you can change tuning. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thats what I was thinking. I'm planning on buying a few extra tubes and just experimenting with different tunning frequencies until I come up with something I like.

Also: I wanted to get some opinions on my packing methods before These ship out.(I'd hate for all the work I put in on the baskets and motors to go to waste).

Do I need to pack these in a secondary box with packing or do you think they will be ok as is?

Thanks

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.