Passive and active crossovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

bilboaudio

CarAudio.com Recruit
The speakers I have use an inline capacitor on the tweeter wire, and coil attached to the woofer magnet, crossover is 3k very shallow roll off. I have just started using a dsp and have put the tweeters and midwoofers on separate channels.

If I set crossovers 24db linkwitz using the dsp at 3k on the midwoofer and tweeter will that override the inline crossovers or will the inline crossovers interfere with the dsp set crossovers in some way?

The inline crossovers need to be removed. They are simple resistors and will perform that task no matter what you do with the dsp upstream in the signal chain. In fact, they will act cumulatively and will increase the slope by 6db @ 3kz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.