Does the aux media source matter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

8bitHopes

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone, recently I bought an e90 without the navi (so slightly worse audio quality). That aside, I play music mainly through the aux under the armrest. Recently I started experimenting and it got me wondering - how does it actually work - does the source that the audio is being played from actually matter ? I compared the iPod Classic 5th gen vs my iPhone X and didn't find any differences besides some negligible ones (sound signature or with other words more clear highs on the iPhone, slightly more bass on the iPod etc.). I am wondering if I pair an mp3 from aliexpress would there be a huge audio quality difference ? What actually makes the difference in this case since I read on another forum that the DAC on the source media player doesn't matter once plugged to a car aux?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.