SOLD Pair of Mach 5 MJ-18m's for sale

I know people that have thrown 1K at them, but I wouldn't suggest unless you really know what you're doing. I threw like 750 at the older model on and it took it fine.

I know people that have thrown 1K at them, but I wouldn't suggest unless you really know what you're doing. I threw like 750 at the older model on and it took it fine.
I am probabl,ly not going to throw 1kw @ each sub but maybe a little close to 900w unless I buy a smaller amp. 3500d does 1750@ 2ohms and thats what I plan to use if I buy these subs. I am not trying to spend extra cash this is just to play around with until the nightshade v.2's are available. I have started a thread bcuz I don't want to fill rahsadd 4sale thread with clutter

Average Joe Dick or Tom shouldnt throw over 1k to them. I had mine in 5.11 cu ft @ 32hz with 111sq in of port. Orion 2500D @ 4 ohm on it. Played it a lot. if you search my SN on youtube there is a video.

to answer peoples question about power...they will take up to about 1kw a piece without burning up if you know what you're doing, but they don't really get any louder passed about 800 so I wouldn't recommend it, which is why mine have been getting right about 700-800.

As far as box sizes, I've found that 3-3.5 cubes each sealed will give you a really nice response curve and plenty of spl (I was doing upper 130's off of less than 500 watts each sealed and they sound great doing it). Ported I currently have them in about 7 cubes together (not enough) tuned to upper 30's, they still bang the lows, doing about a 135 at 30hz iirc, and peak around 45hz in my car at 147db off of 1500-1600 watts to the pair. I think I posted a thread somewhere showing the response I'm getting from them in my current setup...I'll go look for it

and whatever price is agreed on is PLUS shipping

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.