Orion h2 + Hifonics 1800

Participant count
  • Participant list

_MstANg_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well for my first actual sub setup for myself I think ive finally decided on going with a 15" Orion H2 with a Hifonics 1800. I just wanted to ask a few questions before i started ordering everything. First what guage power and ground do i need to buy? Next, will the H2 be ok at 1 ohm with the hifonics pushing 1800? I would need to get the dual 2 ohm h2 correct? Last, would anyone be interested in designing a box? I can build it, but im a little shaky on the design. If you are interested just pm me and i can tell you more about what im lookin for. I can send you 5.00 paypal if anyones interested.

Got a H2 15" Dual 2 ohm myself powered by an orion 1200 d. If the amp is 1 ohm stable, you're correct about getting the dual 2 ohm (wire the sub in parallel). I'm not sure about the wire gauge you need for that amp, it sounds like 1/0 gauge for 1800 watts, but it could be 4 gauge, search at their website and they probably got it listed. Go to orioncaraudio.com and look at the specifications for the H2, they got recommended box sizes for different power and all the info you need to make your own box. I got a net 2.25 cubic foot ported tuned to 33 hz with 28 in^2 port area and it sounds pretty good.

Well for my first actual sub setup for myself I think ive finally decided on going with a 15" Orion H2 with a Hifonics 1800. I just wanted to ask a few questions before i started ordering everything. First what guage power and ground do i need to buy? Next, will the H2 be ok at 1 ohm with the hifonics pushing 1800? I would need to get the dual 2 ohm h2 correct? Last, would anyone be interested in designing a box? I can build it, but im a little shaky on the design. If you are interested just pm me and i can tell you more about what im lookin for. I can send you 5.00 paypal if anyones interested.
no hybrid:(

not sure, im still not sure how the SQ would be on it. thats the only thing thats making me hesitate on it. what would you say the sq / spl is on it? 30 / 70%? just a stab in the dark

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.