Orion XTR PRO 3500.1DX

HinkDawg

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ohio
Someone recommended me this amp on this forum but i wanted to make sure i got the electrical for it. I have as follows:

2 XS D5100 batteries.
Big 3
270 amp alt.

Subs wise:
2 12" SSA Icons 1250 watts per

I was going to get the CT Sounds ATv2-3000.1d That amp is $600. When i see some posts on this forum people say ct sounds has good amps. When i look at diy mobile audio people say ct sounds isnt a reputable brand. I just bought the CT-150.4d for my comp set and it is doing wonders for me. I wanted to get another ct amp to compliment the component set amp. I wanted the AT version because of the remote knob showing voltage and kill switch option and i heard that amp has good spl. Doing more research after almost buying the AT amp the Orion XTR PRO 3500.1DX is looking to be the better option. Orion is a well known brand and even though it doesnt have the fancy knob its also $150 cheaper and most likely puts out more power than the ct sounds amp. So "A" i wanted to know if i have enough electrical upgrades to push the orion efficiently. "B" if i should stick the the more expensive CT ATv2-3000.1d over the Orion XTR PRO 3500.1DX. Thoughts?

I've recently installed the Orion 2500. It stays cooler than I was expecting. If you can wire that down to 1ohm, even the 2500 will give those two more power than 1250w each.

Heck 2435 @ 2ohm at 13.73v. = 2553 @ 14.4v

Last edited:
Someone recommended me this amp on this forum but i wanted to make sure i got the electrical for it. I have as follows:

2 XS D5100 batteries.
Big 3
270 amp alt.

Subs wise:
2 12" SSA Icons 1250 watts per

I was going to get the CT Sounds ATv2-3000.1d That amp is $600. When i see some posts on this forum people say ct sounds has good amps. When i look at diy mobile audio people say ct sounds isnt a reputable brand. I just bought the CT-150.4d for my comp set and it is doing wonders for me. I wanted to get another ct amp to compliment the component set amp. I wanted the AT version because of the remote knob showing voltage and kill switch option and i heard that amp has good spl. Doing more research after almost buying the AT amp the Orion XTR PRO 3500.1DX is looking to be the better option. Orion is a well known brand and even though it doesnt have the fancy knob its also $150 cheaper and most likely puts out more power than the ct sounds amp. So "A" i wanted to know if i have enough electrical upgrades to push the orion efficiently. "B" if i should stick the the more expensive CT ATv2-3000.1d over the Orion XTR PRO 3500.1DX. Thoughts?
The CT is a reputable brand; anyone that says otherwise has ulterior motives. This CT is a Brazilian build. If you’re going that rout and that price range, Taramps MD 8000 2 Ohm Amplifier HD 8K 8000.1 at $498 on eBay and you get 2.5 times the power. If the subs you want come in dual 4ohm versions, you could even run the Taramps at 4 ohms and still exceed both the Orion and the TC, by 1000+ watts, AND still save $100! I’m a fan of running amps at their halfway ability, more efficient, better damping of the woofer cone, less heat and work for the amplifier. That said, I've made no secret that I’m a fan of Korean amplifiers, overall, which this Orion is. They’re not as voltage sensitive, better headroom (usually), etc. With Korean amps, generally speaking, you pay to play. Shear power, Brazilin designs are hard to beat, watt for dollar. I think that one extra battery would suffice, two is definitely overkill, and nothing gained really. My 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure most ct amps are half bridge not full bridge like taramps

I'm pretty sure most ct amps are half bridge not full bridge like taramps
True, not sure on that model, but true. The CT board looks like it is half-bridge design. Seems like all one has to do is check out the PS/rail caps and the overall size/layout! Interesting enough, take for example the DS18 Hooligans and the EXL model lines, they are both Korean designs, virtually the same for that matter. The hooligan line is designed, sourced and built in S. Korea, the EXL is Designed in S. Korea, parts sourced/ built in China, thus the price difference. The DS18 EXL-2500 is a very nice amp; I’ve purchased two of the refurb units off of eBay, 2500watts@1, $350.00 no issues. Did a build for neighbor, used the Hooligan 5000k, very nice amp! I like the Korean stuff, not always the criteria used, but generally, relatively speaking. So, I would skip the 2nd battery and spend it on a Hooligan! (Just my preference). I like Orion, but old school Orion HCCA stuff. You know the 1000 watt rated amps that pumped out 10,000 watts!
Nobody said you were lying, but often, either due to a lack of writing skills, understanding or omission or addition of relevant/irrelevant information, your post are not (to be nice) accurate or relevant. Almost like you're speaking a different language.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...