Optimal Sub(s) for Silverado under-seat setup

So I have a 2020 Silverado Crew Cab with Bose audio (I think it has a 6" sub somewhere hidden in the center console).

Anyway, I want more bass, but nothing too crazy at is primarily a family hauler.

I was thinking of adding this "plug and play" setup but thinking I may want something just a tad better.

To give some background in 2013 I had 2 x 12" RF T1D412 and a RF T1500-1bdCP amp in my little coupe car (I came on here and you guys tried to give me better options but I was being hard headed because I wanted to pay for the brand name). Anyway I was happy with the sound level and output (I'm obviously no audiophile). Anyway just thinking a setup like that these days would probably be over kill for me. Thinking maybe something in between the almost non-existent bass I have now and what I had before.

I have no idea if I want 1 x 10"/12", 2 x 10"/12" or possibly 4 x 8". I want the deepest, cleanest, and loudest (mostly for rap music) I can get for the price without going too crazy haha.

Obviously box size will be a major concern. Someone pointed me to this site which has several different custom boxes that fit my truck. https://www.soundoffaudio.com/new-category-1/. I also of course like MTI acoustics boxes but don't see myself paying 1.5K for a box right now. Speaking of money I think roughly being around 2K total said and done would be perfect.

Any tips on what subs I should be looking at for my application? I've been looking at the Skar subs and they seem to be pretty decent but I'm open to suggestions this time around. Looking for advice on the whole setup really including subs, box, and amp. Any help is greatly appreciated.

gonna sound like shit with any underseat box (besides Gately boxes they look legit)....goodluck

Well help me out buddy! These MTI Acoustic boxes aren't good?

MTI-Acoustics-Chevy-Silverado-–-GMC-Sierra-Stage-4-Under-Seat-Enclosure-1.jpg

The only Gately box I see for 2019 and newer are for 4 x 8" subs. Thoughts?

never downfire/upfire in a truck...i have installed many in friends vehicles, each time their excitement for their new system turns to dissappointment as soon as they hear it, especially with the money they spent.....i always tell them "told ya so"

i would choose gately box if money is no problem

Well money is always a problem, but I can wait to do it right. I'm in no rush so I'm OK with holding off until I have the funds to do it the right way.

That being said I also don't need audiophile quality sound. Just something above what the average Joe would slap in their ride is fine with me.

This box is not as good? I mean obviously the materials are different so probably less durable. To me it looks like a similar design. Besides durability any major differences in this one?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1602356584205.jpg
    FB_IMG_1602356584205.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 4,346
  • FB_IMG_1602356590831.jpg
    FB_IMG_1602356590831.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,054
  • FB_IMG_1602356581525.jpg
    FB_IMG_1602356581525.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,583
This is more or less what the setup would be. Anyone think it would be decent?

VendorModelPriceQuantityTotal Price
SUBTHUMP.comDual 8" front firing sub box
320​
1​
320​
Skar AudioZVX-8 1,100 watt max 900 watt RMS
169​
2​
338​
NVXVAD17001 1700W RMS Class D Monoblock
279.99​
1​
279.99​
LLJ CustomsBOSE AMP T-Harness 1419GMBOSE
150​
1​
150​
1087.99​

Ditch the Skar. Can you sacrifice any exposed floor space with the box? I have a down fire box in my truck and while yes it does it’s job, it’s not great. I will be doing a forward fire box for a single 12 next

Ditch the Skar. Can you sacrifice any exposed floor space with the box? I have a down fire box in my truck and while yes it does it’s job, it’s not great. I will be doing a forward fire box for a single 12 next

Skar is no good? I thought they were decent subs but then again that's why I'm here lol. And no would really rather not as my trucks primary purpose is a people hauler. :-(.

Skar gets no love here. Owner is a POS and it’s just off the shelf Chinese stuff. A lot is off the shelf Chinese nowadays but since the owner is a pos who only tries to screw people and copy sundown, I’d look elsewhere.

Not too mention he using the cheapest components possible from over there hence why he constantly has issues with warranty and he isn't exactly the greatest for honoring warranty either.

Skar gets no love here. Owner is a POS and it’s just off the shelf Chinese stuff. A lot is off the shelf Chinese nowadays but since the owner is a pos who only tries to screw people and copy sundown, I’d look elsewhere.

Any recommendations? Sorry I don't know a lot of brands. I've heard of sundown audio though. I thought I read the previous engineer from Sundown Audio was who started Skar. But anyway just point me in a direction :).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.