opinion on this sub?

I can't offer an opinion on that sub as I've never once heard any of Volfenhag's products. I can say I hear bad things about them, though.
Exactly my thoughts, just phrased differently.

volfenhag??

no. i heard 2 of my friends 12's NO NO NO sounded like crap, and dint get loud at all.

well i dunno about those models tho.

That sub looks pretty beefy. But the surround is way oversized, theres no way that thing has that much excursion, so that means cone area is minimized. Plus volfenhag isnt exactly known for their amazing "german concept" audio gear. Personally, I wouldn't buy it but I would like to hear one in an install.

i thought the big V was just renamed pyle or pyramid or something like that

wouldn't buy a pair w/ pres. bush's money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ive heard some volfenhags, but they are the newer version of that one. They were in a friends car, and souned decent to my suprise. Got pretty loud as well.

[/speech] I am a begginer when it comes to car audio and am going to use volfenhag speakers in mycars since I got them dirt dirt cheap. When I got them i was surprised how solid they were. They seem quality but I havent head they yet. I think it is shady how they dont tell you the RMS and only the peak. If you go onlione you can find the RMS though.

Volfenhag was first made in japan and now in china but is designed in the USA. I think the only thing german about them is there name and image. Phoenix Digital is supposedly the one manufacturing them.

A summary of what I hear on volfenhags....

Good bang for the buck entry level sub. Their headunits look very premitive. Their speakers and subs can handle decent power but seem to take more power to get the same volume as better brands. They have a 2400 watt amp that is for sale but not even advertissed on their site (shaddy).

But the speaker looks very nice that I am holding in my hand. I think this new compnay doesnt have huge amounts of potential but is getting an early bad rap that it may not deserve yet.

[/end speech]

They are of the same quality as the current Pyle, Legacy, Boss, etc.....

I have constructed 3 different enclosures for 3 different lines of Volfenag. All have gotten loud, which is not too difficult with pretty much any sub and a decent enclosure. The SQ was decent at best. Also note that each one of these subsystems were all powered by a Volfenhag amplifier as well, which was well, about as good as a hairdryer. It sounded similar to one as well.

IMO, there's much better available for the money. People can look through the chrome and flashy BS cosmetics and know right offhand whether they are making a wise investment on many products. This is one of them.

If they were given to me, they would be instantly plugged into a 240V socket and dismantled for scrap.

Volfenhag is just like Audiobahn. All the bling with no bing. You would be better off spending your money on a DVD rewinder or a sub that has some backbone to it.
Do they sell DVD rewinders next to the muffler bearings? Or next to the blinker fluid?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.