13W7 installed in my LS *Pics*

Bigjuice
10+ year member

This forum has been very good in helping me decide on my box and component selections... here are a few pics from Nopi of the finished (still trying to get some headrest monitors) product. Let me know what ya'll think.

Kenwood DDX-8017 Head Unit

Kenwood KNA-DV4100 Navigation

Kenwood KTC-V500N TV-Tuner

Kenwood KCA-iP500 iPod interface

JL Audio 450/4 Amplifier

JL Audio 1000/1 Amplifier

JL Audio 13W7 Subwoofer

JL Audio ZR/VR Components

28949.jpg

28950.jpg

28951.jpg

28952.jpg

28953.jpg

28956.jpg

28957.jpg

very nice install. i really like the dash, extremely clean and looks like it belongs there.

one question about the amp install. were the wires left out in the open intentionally? the reason i ask is, with the overall effect of the enclosure and trim panel, everything is covered up.

not nit picking, personally, i like the exposed wiring. but just curious. i personally think more wire should be exposed, depending upon what kind of wire/connectors are being used. the colors and styles are pretty sweet, and it's a shame most of it gets covered.

again, that's a really nice setup...good job!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

the only nitpick i have is the carpet on the upper sides is drooping and i can see some nasty parts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

otherwise, its very sweet looking.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

I didn't have the time or resources available to do the install, so I went through a local shop, Acrylic Concepts http://www.acrylicconcepts1.com/pastwork.htm

I got the parts seperate from a freinds shop.... the labor at Acrylic Concepts was about 3G's.

The 13W7 really surprised me, not with how loud, but with how accurate it is. The new JL Audio ZR's up front and the VR's in the rear also keep up very nicely.

the only nitpick i have is the carpet on the upper sides is drooping and i can see some nasty parts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

otherwise, its very sweet looking.
I agree... We had to leave for Nopi the day before those pics were taken... It's been taken care of though.

i would imagine that the clear lexus logo is changing how the box sounds slightly due to it blocking off a portion of the ports
The logo is sitting on the trim panel which has about a four inch clearance from the actual port on the box, there is also an idditional 1/2 inch spacer between the logo and the Trim.

Also the port on the left is blank.... just for looks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.