This is buggin me

patton422
10+ year member

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tmp371az.jpg

Lets start at the bottom the subs.... theres 12 subs one amp so unless are very speacially made that is way less than 1 ohm right? the onlt logic that I can pull from it is that the amp is 1200 watts and you have 12 subs.lol but won't you get a good bit more cuz of the ohm-age

Next the amp on the left its a 4 channel with the 8 in subs getting their own channel and a set of mids get another and a set of components get the 4th. Wouldn't the power distrubution be all screwed up unless they all require the same but the paper says the subs are gettin 90 each and the mids and components get 90 total. That just confuses me so it would be channel 1:90w 2:90w 3:45w 4:45w.

Lastly the amp on the left. same amp 10 mids 3 on a channel 3 on a channel and 2 on a channel and 2 on a channel isn't the power distrubtion on this be screwed up too.

BTW this is a real setup from the newest issue of Road Gear

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tmp371az.jpg
Lets start at the bottom the subs.... theres 12 subs one amp so unless are very speacially made that is way less than 1 ohm right? the onlt logic that I can pull from it is that the amp is 1200 watts and you have 12 subs.lol but won't you get a good bit more cuz of the ohm-age
if you take all the 12 subs, and pair them into groups of two (single 4 ohm) and wire them to 8 omhs in series, then take the six pairs and run them in parallel, you get 1.33 ohms. so it would be right around 900~1000w i would guesstimate. thats about 75~100w each. but the RMS is like 300w on them... so i dunno. maybe they used the 8ohm version - or wired it a different way.

Next the amp on the left its a 4 channel with the 8 in subs getting their own channel and a set of mids get another and a set of components get the 4th. Wouldn't the power distrubution be all screwed up unless they all require the same but the paper says the subs are gettin 90 each and the mids and components get 90 total. That just confuses me so it would be channel 1:90w 2:90w 3:45w 4:45w.
theres only one amp on the left... and it has three subs (mids?) on channels 1 and 2, and two mids on channels 3 and 4... but the amp on the right is perfectly fine and dandy.

Lastly the amp on the left. same amp 10 mids 3 on a channel 3 on a channel and 2 on a channel and 2 on a channel isn't the power distrubtion on this be screwed up too.
i dont know about the paper... but the amps RMS is 60x4@4. if you wire the three speakers on channle one and two in parallel (SVC4 im assuming) you get 1.333ohms... while after impedance rise, it should be ok for music - but channel 1 and 2 will only do roughly 175w @ 2ohms, so 175\3=~58w per speaker (the three)... nowhere near 90w... the other channels can be run at 2ohms and be quite fine... and running different channels on a multi channel amp at different impedances is fine. there is no problem with doing this.

i really dont know what your question is?

I gotta stop smokin crack I am gettin my left and right messed up anyways. I was just wonderin if anyone else thought it looked odd that there is 12 subs to 1 amp and 2 subs a pair of mids and a set of components on another. and 10 mids on another. the wiring just looked crazy.

Punctuation, Punctuation, Punctuation........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Oh I forgot.........spelling, spelling, spelling!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

patton422

10+ year member
patton422
New Jersey
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from