Now, what should I do? I got my factory amp visible.. bypass it or what? *PICS*

Take it to a shop.
no thanks, I would like to learn. And $$$

i would just run new wires and say fuk the stock amp, you said you were planing on buying components soon anyway
yeah but it is going to be major PITA to run the speaker wires all the way thru the door speakers from the dash? I dont even know how to take the dash apart lol.. And I dont think I want to take them apart today..

Like I said before I just want to bypass the factory amp and call it a day for now..

well I am sure someone got the answer to this..

Looks like a simple fix IMO (unless I am completely wrong)

it is a 04 ford explorer

yeah i did but those forums are not as active as this forum so no way I am going to get my question answered until maybe tomorrow lol

I replied over on ExplorerX.

I would just quit looking for the easy fix and do it right the first time. That way it would hopefully prevent other problems in the future.

Ok I talked to him before so for those of those not understanding the issue..

1. He replaced his stock h/u with an avic f900bt.. after replacing and using a harness for his vehicle the sound does not come out of the speakers..

2. The amp is for the sub only.. supposedly but i assumed ford being ford intertwined all the wiring and he would have to bypass..

3. I figured running new wires would be easiest but if he isn't the best at it he should take it to a shop and tell them his plans and ask what he needs to buy harness wise

I guess I am down to only one option- run my own speaker wires to the HU..

now my new question would be how am I supposed to have the speaker wire ran thru the dash to the door speakers from the HU??

that factoy amplifier is only powering the sub only if your speakers are not working test them to determine what the problem is. Off the top of my head im almost positive you do not have any other amplifier so just test your speakers to make sure there is nothing wrong with them.

nothing is wrong with my speakers for sure because I swapped back to the stock radio and it worked perfectly fine

tomorrow I will recheck my wiring..

I agree with everyone that the amp should only power the sub in the back and have nothing to do with the door speakers.. I completely agree but why the f- are they not working?

I am thinking either I ****ed up when wiring them all together OR the headunit is defective

yeah like I said I completely agree..

Now I am seriously considering pulling the harness out of my expo right now and rewire everything see if I made any mistake

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.