Noise ***** help me get rid of it plz.

Originally posted by crispy highs Well I guess that's another good thing to know........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
it will always be easier to generate a voltage across a HIGH reststance circuit than a shorted one
with unplugged RCAs you could be fooled into thinking the noise is comming right out of your amp--------------------if any magnetic field are near your open inputs

The Same thing happene to me check to see if your car has a pre out for a amp somtimes the factory deck is able to be used with a amp and there is a pre out to fix mine which was making the sound becauae the while rca hookup was hitting metel we just put some electical tape on the female rca conecters and it was fine

Ok I made some muting plugs and checked the high amp tonight and Im still getting the noise from my comps....so...what do I need to check now? Please any ideas...

Night Pirate

Originally posted by Night Pirate Ok I made some muting plugs and checked the high amp tonight and Im still getting the noise from my comps....so...what do I need to check now? Please any ideas...

Night Pirate
it didn't mute?
that leaves the amp

speaker wires

any passive x-overs

the speakers

remove the speaker wire from the amp while MUTING-------- using a small test speaker connect it to the amp. did it shut up?

if no-------- get a new amp

if yes ----- look down stream of the amp to see where the noise is coming from.

test resistance of the comps------ should be the same for both

test resistance to ground from the speaker wires----- should be off the scale

if these check out do this

look to see if moving speaker wires/passives/speakers ----- makes a change in the loudness of the whine

Got the noise in the test speaker too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I have one of my older amps so I hooked it up in place of the noisy one and It was silent. Crazy stuff.... amps just a couple of months old and has been doing this since I installed it. Strange that the noise goes away when I disconnect the sub amps or turn the engine off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Anyways I bought the amp from the Zeb and hopefully there custumer service is good for this. I wonder if they will try to rapair the amp or just exchange it (which I would perfer) because its a strange problem and if you just use this amp and no sub amp you don't get the noise so I want them not to think its working fine when it isn't.

chris229 I appreciate all your tips and suggustions on what to test....Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Night Pirate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.