CarAudio.com Newbie
Florida
Car: 2019 Camry XSE 8” display, Non-JBL
Speakers: Front - JBL Club 602CTP.
Rear - JBL Club 620F
Amp: Infinity Reference 3004A
Subs: Skar SDR 2x10
Amp: Skar 1500 watt mono

I have a white noise/hiss coming from the tweeters of my component system. The noise is there when the radio turns on. If off, it goes away. Unplugging RCA’s to amp removes the noise. No my gain is not high at all.

What I’ve done:
Changed RCA’s (3 different kinds, all three twisted, one shielded)
Moved rca from any power wire.
Wired amp outputs directly to crossovers (not using factory wiring)
Tried ground loop isolators.
Installed LC6i LOC
Used different ground switches on LOC

I am going to check the grounds soon with a multimeter, but they seem to be perfectly fine. Audio shop says they are fine. This noise only comes out of tweeters. I also notice sometimes that the left tweeter (could be both) cuts in and out. There is also a rhythmic ticking or clicking that plays sometimes when I play music. If a song has higher pitched tones, the noise becomes more apparent.
I don’t believe it could be a ground issue because it is only coming out of the tweeters, not the woofers or coax in the rear.

May try pulling the tweeter/ tweeters and use a DMM to see if the ohm values are good. Try placing the tweeter settings on the Xover to 0 0r -6 yet? Could possibly bad ground on the Amp? May even try to ground your HU under the dash also or try a wire long enough to reach a good ground point.Few other things to start with

Car: 2019 Camry XSE 8” display, Non-JBL
Speakers: Front - JBL Club 602CTP.
Rear - JBL Club 620F
Amp: Infinity Reference 3004A
Subs: Skar SDR 2x10
Amp: Skar 1500 watt mono

I have a white noise/hiss coming from the tweeters of my component system. The noise is there when the radio turns on. If off, it goes away. Unplugging RCA’s to amp removes the noise. No my gain is not high at all.

What I’ve done:
Changed RCA’s (3 different kinds, all three twisted, one shielded)
Moved rca from any power wire.
Wired amp outputs directly to crossovers (not using factory wiring)
Tried ground loop isolators.
Installed LC6i LOC
Used different ground switches on LOC

I am going to check the grounds soon with a multimeter, but they seem to be perfectly fine. Audio shop says they are fine. This noise only comes out of tweeters. I also notice sometimes that the left tweeter (could be both) cuts in and out. There is also a rhythmic ticking or clicking that plays sometimes when I play music. If a song has higher pitched tones, the noise becomes more apparent.
I don’t believe it could be a ground issue because it is only coming out of the tweeters, not the woofers or coax in the rear.

It does sound alot like a ground loop (noise goes away when the rcas are disconnected), but you seem to have covered that.

Try moving the crossovers and keep 12v + power away from crossovers.

Get a 3.5mm to rca adapter and use a phone or other source directly into the amp to isolate the problem to the amp or after the amp vs upstream of the amp.

If the amp is sharing a ground or grounded close to other grounds that could be the problem.

I'd also try moving the amp.

Could be bad amp.

Also sounds like the rcas could be picking up noise post LOC.

You can try grounding the rca jacket at the amp to the amp ground. (This is probably where I'd start)

Try grounding the HU to a good chassis ground or ground it to the LOC's ground point.

Good luck, chasing noise issues can be a pita if you don't have some experience.

also notice sometimes that the left tweeter (could be both) cuts in and out. There is also a rhythmic ticking or clicking that plays sometimes when I play music. If a song has higher pitched tones, the noise becomes more apparent.
Using a 3.5mm to female RCA patch cable, connect your phone to the RCA cables at the radio. If noise goes away, it is a radio issue.

It does sound alot like a ground loop (noise goes away when the rcas are disconnected), but you seem to have covered that.

Get a 3.5mm to rca adapter and use a phone or other source directly into the amp to isolate the problem to the amp or after the amp vs upstream of the amp.

If the amp is sharing a ground or grounded close to other grounds that could be the problem.

Could be bad amp.

You can try grounding the rca jacket at the amp to the amp ground. (This is probably where I'd start)

Try grounding the HU to a good chassis ground or ground it to the LOC's ground point.

Good luck, chasing noise issues can be a pita if you don't have some experience.
The left crossover is near the two power wires but the right isn’t near any, so I don’t think that could be the factor of the white noise. The amp isn’t sharing any grounds but it’s about 2-3 inches away from the LOC ground. The mono amp ground is on the other side of the car. Disconnecting the LOC outputs makes the noise go away so it’s either at the LOC or the head unit. This LOC was upgraded from the PAC SNI-35 that the installers used so the sound still being there wouldn’t make sense. I have reason to believe that it is the ground from the stock head unit. I plan on grounding it to the chassis, but still wonder if it will cause issues since the head unit is already grounded somewhere. Still haven’t gotten an answer on it. Tested the amp grounds and they are all good.

Could be bad amp.

So the amp ground is about 2 inches from the audio control ground, but this issue was here before I even installed the audio control. Checking today to see if it’s a bad amp or just the head unit. The RCA’s are about 3 feet long traveling from one side of the car to the other. Both the audio control and amp are on the back of the rear seats so travel distance is short and technically wouldn’t be near power wire. I took a screw from the back of the frame of the head unit and attached the ground and it did nothing. Then again I don’t think it even works like that. I don’t see any unused ground wire that I can just tap into. Don’t necessarily trust cutting the factory wire from the harness to tap into just yet.

Brand new from crutchfield. Gonna try that lightning to rca thing today to see if it actually is the amp. Have a high feeling it isn’t, but at least I’ll 100% rule it out.
Gotcha.Most of the time its not easy to pull an amplifier to bench test it/I need to invest more time into this method. I usually bench test any amp before I put it in anyways/.. It could be the LOC?/ May need a sep. ground for it even??Im lost a bit with this one without being present to rule out and listen for myself.

Gotcha.Most of the time its not easy to pull an amplifier to bench test it/I need to invest more time into this method. I usually bench test any amp before I put it in anyways/.. It could be the LOC?/ May need a sep. ground for it even??Im lost a bit with this one without being present to rule out and listen for myself.
The LC6i has a completely separate ground from everything else. Not sure if I mentioned this but I had this aftermarket amp installed by a shop. They said that I need a new head unit but 1. That is very expensive and even then I wouldn’t get all the features I currently have and 2. There is no support for an aftermarket head unit in new Toyotas. They installed PAC SNI-35’s originally and I bought and installed the LC6i myself. I stopped going to the shop for help after the second visit when I realized that they got the polarity wrong on the crossover and grounded the amps the worst way possible. I’m hoping it’s not just the head unit, but I can’t imagine every 8th gen Camry owner having to deal with this when they get an aftermarket amp.

So the amp ground is about 2 inches from the audio control ground, but this issue was here before I even installed the audio control. Checking today to see if it’s a bad amp or just the head unit. The RCA’s are about 3 feet long traveling from one side of the car to the other. Both the audio control and amp are on the back of the rear seats so travel distance is short and technically wouldn’t be near power wire. I took a screw from the back of the frame of the head unit and attached the ground and it did nothing. Then again I don’t think it even works like that. I don’t see any unused ground wire that I can just tap into. Don’t necessarily trust cutting the factory wire from the harness to tap into just yet.
You dont have to actually cut the Ground wire if you can Locate it. I use Wire strippers to expose fresh wire withou having to cut the wiring to tap into if needed. Most these New vehicles(Prob from99 on up actually) Have a loop ground system for most of the electrical add ons.Its pretty crazy. I dont like it to be honest But I usually ground whatever I can Just because I Like add ons with theyre own ground source.. you can tap a wire Like this with Wire Strippers. I do it to save the original Car speaker adapters given back to Stock Plug and Play.Ive been using this Technique for years.This isnt the Best Vid.. But gives you the Idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...