Noise ***** help me get rid of it plz.

Night Pirate
10+ year member

Cali
Well Im getting this noise through my front speakers that seems to be a crackleing strange noise but not all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I have seperate rca's for my component amp and for my 2 sub amps. When I use my head unit to turn off the sub output it goes away. Thing is I dont know why this is and whats causing this noise. Any ideas u guys have would help me track this **** noise down Id appreciate it.

Night Pirate

loose internals in the h/u? esp around the preouts. that or something touching and when turn down the sub, ur cutting the juice feeding the noise. check ur connections in back of ur h/u, around ur amps and then check (have checked) the insides of the h/u.

that's all i got!

Hi,

I used to have a noise similiar to yours and in my case it was the amp it'self. When you turn on the subs tap the amp, start lightly and carefully tap more firmly until the taps are firm all over the amp.....your testing the circuit board in the amp------> when it's straight it wil be quiet and when it's out of alignment it will make noise, kind of an alternator winding noise. When you drive over bumps it will go in and out of alignment and so be intermitting....

"HOPE THIS HELPS":banghead:

Originally posted by Night Pirate Well Im getting this noise through my front speakers that seems to be a crackleing strange noise but not all the time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I have seperate rca's for my component amp and for my 2 sub amps. When I use my head unit to turn off the sub output it goes away. Thing is I dont know why this is and whats causing this noise. Any ideas u guys have would help me track this **** noise down Id appreciate it.

Night Pirate
Same as before but I did find out that it only makes the noise when the engine is running. Today I heard the noise constantly, then I turn the engine off as I listened to the song and the noise stopped imediately. I also wanted to say that I dont think it to be alternator whine because it sounds nothing like it. Anywayz any1 have any ideas?

Thanks alot if you can help me as this noise is drivin me nutso. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Night Pirate:crazy:

Originally posted by Night Pirate Same as before but I did find out that it only makes the noise when the engine is running. Today I heard the noise constantly, then I turn the engine off as I listened to the song and the noise stopped imediately. I also wanted to say that I dont think it to be alternator whine because it sounds nothing like it. Anywayz any1 have any ideas?

Thanks alot if you can help me as this noise is drivin me nutso. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Night Pirate:crazy:
there is no whinng sound? just crackeling------or maybe a hissing sound---- in what speakers is it heard-----highs? subs? are your highs run through a amp?
at any rate -----make some muting plugs and mute the noisy amps

Originally posted by rco8786 Did you run your mids amp's rcas next to your sub amps power?

i Agree with rock check where you ran the sub and mid wires.also get some noise filters. And check your amp it might be the cause .poor circitry

guys---------what are you talking about --------keeping the RCAs away from the power wires? forget about it -----it a waste of time------- time should be rather spent on solving the noise problem ------not playing voodoo with your power wires

whats this about ----------filters?

how do you know it needs a filter? what makes you think noise in coming through the power supply?

Also it seems that the more the bass is hitting the more pronounced the noise is. And yes its a hissing crackleing noise only in my comps not the subs. It can be quite loud (the noise) and the second I turn off the sub thru the hu it stops instantly.

Chris, I dont know how to make muting plugs:confused: any tips?

my rca's and speaker wire are run down one side of my truck and power down the other.

Thanks for the thoughts guys i appreciate it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Night Pirate

Originally posted by Night Pirate Thx for the pic link. What do they do though? Let you see if its the amp making the noise?

Any1 else have this type of problem?

Thanks,

Night Pirate
well they short out the inputs
if the amp has no signal and makes noise ------------then it's either the amp or something after it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.