No tweeters on components and distorted bass, plz help me.

i know they are not very good, i couldnt afford to replace the factory head as its way to much work, a DSP is also requires alot of work as it would need to be connected to all the speakers

The B&O system in the Audi A5 has 14 speakers and 1 terrible subwoofer

So i already have an JX500 to power my twin 12s

The bass litterally drowns the mids and highs in my car

thats why i added the 2nd JX360/2 amp, so i can power my own component speakers
if you dont care about using the head unit for audio, you can just get a cheap dsp like the dayton 408 150$ and the bluetooth dongle for it. You'll basically use the dsp as the head unit streaming bluetooth straight to the dsp and the signal will go out from the dsp to your amp. You dont need to open up your factory head unit in any way, you just leave it there but you wont be using it for audio signal in any way or form. Trust me when I say doing this will be an absolute massive jump in sound quality.

Hello

Im new to the form, so I have:

JX500 is a subwoofer amp

JX360 is a amp for components and coaxial speakers

my JX360/2 having issues playing component/coaxial speakers, i have no tweeter sounds and just get distorted bass, any volume.

I have a JL Audio CP212 pushing 2 12" subs, connected to a JX5001D subwoofer amplifier

I acquired a 2 channel amp to run my new JL audio component speakers, I also bought a 2nd component C5 set as i thought i had faulty speakers, I also bought another 2 channel amplifier to rule out faulty amps, still distortion and no tweeters,

The issue is:

Connected via RCA cables from my subwoofer JX500 amp to my 2 channel JX360 amp

Now when I connect any speakers my tweeters dont work and all i get is distorted bass. ive double checked all the speakers to my home amp and the speakers work fine

Its a very simple set up. added a 2nd amp, then got RCA cables from the pre-outs to connect to the 2 channel JX360 amp, connected to the low level input

So why i get distortion and why the tweeters dont work is puzzling

Im thinking its a signal or cable issue, but the cables look great,

can you advise please on what to do please??
Try connecting the rcas to the 360 then to the 500. You may be getting a x-overed signal (bass output only) from the 500 to the 360.

On another note, if the 500 is connected to the radio on a subwoofer output, you will get alot of bass, low voice, and zero highs.
Just read the entire thread to find the problem solved. To get a full signal, tap into the rear speaker lines pre amp. That will not be x-overed. Run those lines into the speaker level input of the amp and voila. Google amp diagram for your vehicle for color coding. Good luck.

Hello

Im new to the form, so I have:

JX500 is a subwoofer amp

JX360 is a amp for components and coaxial speakers

my JX360/2 having issues playing component/coaxial speakers, i have no tweeter sounds and just get distorted bass, any volume.

I have a JL Audio CP212 pushing 2 12" subs, connected to a JX5001D subwoofer amplifier

I acquired a 2 channel amp to run my new JL audio component speakers, I also bought a 2nd component C5 set as i thought i had faulty speakers, I also bought another 2 channel amplifier to rule out faulty amps, still distortion and no tweeters,

The issue is:

Connected via RCA cables from my subwoofer JX500 amp to my 2 channel JX360 amp

Now when I connect any speakers my tweeters dont work and all i get is distorted bass. ive double checked all the speakers to my home amp and the speakers work fine

Its a very simple set up. added a 2nd amp, then got RCA cables from the pre-outs to connect to the 2 channel JX360 amp, connected to the low level input

So why i get distortion and why the tweeters dont work is puzzling

Im thinking its a signal or cable issue, but the cables look great,

can you advise please on what to do please??
i think you answered your own question you said yyou have th rca pre outs on thee 500 connected to the 360 to the low level input well that would only give you lows or maybe im reading it wrong but sounds like your running the 360 from the outs on the 500 and its in low pass if thats the case ur only gonna get lows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.