Newbie Needing Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

NoExperience
10+ year member

I dont know how to connect this sub and amp together and need a little help.

Here is the sub, (NEW) Street Duty SDC2.0-12-D4 Subwoofer

and the amp Amplifiers | APSM-1150

What I want to do is run it at 1 ohm, how do i set/wire everything so that it is running at 1 ohm and 32hz?

Here are some pictures to try and show more.

This is the wire coming out of the sub

0329112302.jpg

0329112303.jpg

This is the 16 gauge speaker wire that I have

0329112304.jpg

And this is the inputs on the amp

apsm-1150_large2.jpg

apsm-1150_large3.jpg

I apologize for the cell pics, all i got right now

Thanks for the help everyone

wire it in parallel, bot pos on sub to pos on amp, bot neg on sub to neg on amp.

keep the gain off until you learn how to set it properly with a dmm, set the lpf to 80 hz.

are you going to be running the sub sealed or ported.

Way too far for me to help you out. If you want the equipment you just bought to last, you have two options. One, find a local install shop and have them do it for you. Otherwise, spend the next week or so online reading, so you understand what you are doing and why and feel comfortable. You seem to be a little in over your head at this point.

wire it in parallel, bot pos on sub to pos on amp, bot neg on sub to neg on amp.
keep the gain off until you learn how to set it properly with a dmm, set the lpf to 80 hz.

are you going to be running the sub sealed or ported.
I wouldnt worry about gains itll take all of what that amp will give anyway

Or if you want to keep your gains down all the advice above is what you need to do. Pretty well explained I might add.

clipping is when you ask an amp to put out more power than what it is capable of. if he has 4 volt preouts and sets the gain for 200mv then the amp is going to try to make more power than it can, which will lead to clipping.

i have a small issue with my P860 and its 6.5v preouts. it will actually cause some amps to clip with the gains off, even when backed by proper electrical.

if he matches the gain up with the preout voltage of his deck he wont have an issue.

Well the amp will be putting out a lot more then 250 watts if the signal is clipping. You can see on an oscilliscope that a clipped signal has a lot more area underneath the wave equates to a lot higher power numbers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.