Newbie ... getting in the Game .. simple question.

mactube

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking to upgrade my sound system in my Polaris Slingshot. I already have a 45W Alpine am ( See picture )
Which speakers should I go with Kickers or Infinity ?

Attachments

• tempImagepyqHZT.png
    tempImagepyqHZT.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • Infinity 622MW  450 W.jpg
    Infinity 622MW 450 W.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Kicker  75W .jpg
    Kicker 75W .jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 22
The Infinity have a slightly higher sensitivity, if I was looking at the right Kicker's. That said, I’d guess they both perform similarly, so I don’t think it makes a whole lot of difference which you go with. I like the Kicker brand, but I’d probably lean towards the Infinity if you’re dead set on one of these models.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts, as I've never used any of these.

The Infinity have a slightly higher sensitivity, if I was looking at the right Kicker's. That said, I’d guess they both perform similarly, so I don’t think it makes a whole lot of difference which you go with. I like the Kicker brand, but I’d probably lean towards the Infinity if you’re dead set on one of these models.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts, as I've never used any of these.

Ok thanks , Kickers are very popular in the Slingshot Community as far as I can tell even though I have heard that Kickers are better for Subwoofers and Infinity is know for clarity... How many what's am I going with for my 4x45 Watts amp ? Are 75 Watts speakers to much ?

How much watt should I go with with this Polk Speakers?
The 60 watt RMS Polks will do just fine on that amplifier you have. Great speakers on HU alone but do so much better with power. 40-60 rms with an amplifier of 100rms tuned with a little head room on the amplifier so the amp isnt ran hard/runs cooler and not maxed out, and will last longer for you treated correctly

Ok, so I bought a pair of the 65 W Marine Kickers and a pair of 65 W Marine Polks I ended up having the guy at a shop install the kickers but he sold me a 100W RMS 4 Channel Ness Amp ( See picture ) because he said the Alpine amp might only have about 10 per channel more then the head unit ( original Slingshot head unit)

He also installed a " high - low splitter" because he said the the amps could't be hooked up otherwise because the connections are missing. I'm not to sure if he installed it right because from what I see the cable just by the amp / sub is very bad so I don't even wanna know how bad the installment is with components which are not exposed ..

I and not report here yet how the actually sound is, because there are problems with the bass to where I can't even turn the volume up...

I spend another thread here about that:

As soon as that problem is resolved and I can turn the Volume up, I will be able to report about the sound

Attachments

• Nesa Amp.jpg
    Nesa Amp.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 23
Damn, the guy selling you another amp saying the Alpine won't do... that's rough.
I'd be a little skeptical of that shop. It looks like they need your business a little too much and it shows in some poor advice in this situation.

That Nesa amp says its a 6 volt amp in the description.
I doubt your Polaris is 6v, I'll bet it's 12v.

So uhhhh that's not good either.

Smh these shops are something else sometimes and they wonder why business is bad for them. Do your homework and learn how to call them out these things. Hopefully you're system pans out and you get the sound you desire.

Damn, the guy selling you another amp saying the Alpine won't do... that's rough.
I'd be a little skeptical of that shop. It looks like they need your business a little too much and it shows in some poor advice in this situation.

Thats only a 70DB amp also?? Might be ok on some tweeters in a boat??

Yes it didn't sound right to exchange the Alpine amp with an amp from an rather unknown company ... that's way I stood there in the shop with my head spinning but the argument that they guy had to hook up an amp with 4 x 100 W rather that an amp with 4 x 45W which might just be slightly more then the head unit ... which I also don't believe ( his guess was 4 x 20 or 30 W ) did then adventually make sense to me and I agreed.

Wow 4 Volt amp on a 12 V b battery !? ... man that's why I'm on here I didn't even realize that !!!

Smh these shops are something else sometimes and they wonder why business is bad for them. Do your homework and learn how to call them out these things. Hopefully you're system pans out and you get the sound you desire.

Yes I'm trying to learn everything myself, that's why I'm on here now. To be honest, I was intimidate by taking all these panels of the Slingshot off to run the wires from the font to the back ... and they did a good job installing a GPS Tracker and also under glow lights but the shop is supposed to be specialized in Car sound so I trusted them with the sound.. big mistake ... so now I'll have to fix it myself .. at least the ground work is done .. ( running the wires ) but then again I don't now what kind of work they did behind the head unit when they told me it needed a splitter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...