Newbie ... getting in the Game .. simple question.

Deiimos

CarAudio.com Regular
Apr 27, 2021
The Infinity have a slightly higher sensitivity, if I was looking at the right Kicker's. That said, I’d guess they both perform similarly, so I don’t think it makes a whole lot of difference which you go with. I like the Kicker brand, but I’d probably lean towards the Infinity if you’re dead set on one of these models.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts, as I've never used any of these.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Polk Audio DB series Marine grade

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
You cant go wrong with the Polks

mactube

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2022
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Infinity have a slightly higher sensitivity, if I was looking at the right Kicker's. That said, I’d guess they both perform similarly, so I don’t think it makes a whole lot of difference which you go with. I like the Kicker brand, but I’d probably lean towards the Infinity if you’re dead set on one of these models.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts, as I've never used any of these.
Ok thanks , Kickers are very popular in the Slingshot Community as far as I can tell even though I have heard that Kickers are better for Subwoofers and Infinity is know for clarity... How many what's am I going with for my 4x45 Watts amp ? Are 75 Watts speakers to much ?

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
How much watt should I go with with this Polk Speakers?
The 60 watt RMS Polks will do just fine on that amplifier you have. Great speakers on HU alone but do so much better with power. 40-60 rms with an amplifier of 100rms tuned with a little head room on the amplifier so the amp isnt ran hard/runs cooler and not maxed out, and will last longer for you treated correctly

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Looks like Polk is the popular brand here in this Forum ... thank you !
For $62 bucks a pair for Coax on Amazon? Dammned good deal and they sound really great for the $

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.