Newb need help with sub and amp choice for beginner

Participant count
  • Participant list
No supply and ground wiring for the amp/amp kit,? Those ANL Fuse holders would be fine in the deck/ inside the vehicle, but not recommended for being under the hood, as they do not seal off from moisture and the elements.He needs to be running at a 2ohm load in that vehicle with the existing alternator 80-125 amp alt /stock. Running 1 ohm and he will have a harder time keeping the electrical / battery up.Yellow tops take a little longer to charge back up. He can get bye with adding another battery in the rear if need be.
The 1044 xfl will wire down to a two ohm load and the 1 ohm version of the 1800 will give him plenty of power (1400+ and 12v) and give him room should he want another sub later which will wore down to one ohm. He’s well advised to add another battery or consider a bigger alt if he adds a second sub anyways. This anl fuses are fine just wrap em in electrical tape or grab an anl in-line waterproof fuse but I’ve never had issues with those under the hood. and the 2/0 welding I sent was 30ft, probably just right for a big three and the amp power wire. Another 5-10 of wire might be necessary but should be fine. Buying those kits is overpaying

DevinMoto’s input is overkill. Don’t worry about a battery or your alt unless you identify dimming problems with your new amp and big 3 installed. An 1800 Full bridge amp with gain correctly ser will not need a bigger alternator for 2 ohm wiring to a single 10. his single yellow top with big three will be fine assuming he is listening to his music with his engine one. Just don’t try to impress your friends demoing with the car off.
Nah I won’t be doing that music will only play with the car on and I have a portable jump box anyway to be safe.

Alright guys so I’m gathering everything I need to buy and I was gonna buy the sub of amazon but the no longer have it . On the site that was recommend the sub says this on the back the left picture and on amazon the sub is actually listed as a competition sub and says this on the right picture. I should get the competition sub at 4 ohms like recommend? On amazon it dosent give you a choice of picking 4 ohms but it says it on the sub but on the website it does give you a choice but doesn’t say it’s a competition sub. Just wanna know if it matters hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• CC034B30-F5BD-4E5A-9BD5-82A634249A95.png
    CC034B30-F5BD-4E5A-9BD5-82A634249A95.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 73873CFE-E0FF-4365-AD9D-D17DB83EE7E1.png
    73873CFE-E0FF-4365-AD9D-D17DB83EE7E1.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 126
You #slept bro. With stimulus checks coming you had to have known all the budget subs were going to sell out and Chinese subs are flying off the shelf as fast as bikes.

if I were in your spot I would forgo A little extra space and grab two of these. $204 and you’re dialed in. These can well over 600 rms each on clean signal, power, and proper enclosure.That md1800.1 1 ohm is a strong fit.

Otherwise you’re cost for A single 3” vc 10 is going to jump likely a tad north of 200$ if not closer to $250

Last edited:
You #slept bro. With stimulus checks coming you had to have known all the budget subs were going to sell out and Chinese subs are flying off the shelf as fast as bikes.

if I were in your spot I would forgo A little extra space and grab two of these. $204 and you’re dialed in. These can well over 600 rms each on clean signal, power, and proper enclosure.That md1800.1 1 ohm is a strong fit.

Otherwise you’re cost for A single 3” vc 10 is going to jump likely a tad north of 200$ if not closer to $250
I’ll be good with just the single for now I carry my detail equipment and tools in my trunk and skateboard so yeah 😅

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.