Newb need help with sub and amp choice for beginner

Participant count
  • Participant list

HennyGod

CarAudio.com Recruit
I’m a total newb at this I currently don’t have a head until or sub and amp. I’m not looking to go out and conquer the world with my first setup just need something with good sound quality and bass

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 10

Budget: 800

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): not sure

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): don’t know how to measure this but it’s in a 00 civic

Goals: good sound quality and deep bass

Listening habits: rap, bass tracks, emo music (😅) rock

Preferred brands/subs/whatever:

Do you want to get a new hu. It would be smart. Can you make your own box or know someone who can woodwork and make you one? Will save your a ton of money.
Definitely gonna get a new head unit and no I can’t make my own box don’t have the means to do it. I just need recommendation on buying a decent made box already and sub and amp combo

I think is 11.9ft of cargo space

Wire from Distro block and ground block to amp and future front stage amplifier.

Wire from amp to sub.. Indicate length needed

That should be a pretty nice little set up for you and power ready for a future amplifier for front staging without having to run power and ground.. Just RCAs and speaker wire . May look into getting The Big 3 done.Kits available Highly recommended and needed.

Went a little over Budget here.. May get the 4 ga by the foot as needed rather than a kit... Tuned enclosure Bought is a killer on the budget as well. Maybe look some more on this to stay in budget.Never Skimp on the Distro blocks or Fuse blocks.. Always get good solid quality.Anl fuse holders are pretty Durable/ bullet proof and hold tight

You may have to file some edges off to get that sub in there but It will work, and bring you back to budget. Or you can call High Output Enclosures and see if they can make you one at bare bones. I think Buck is the one that makes the H.O.E. enclosures if Im not Mistaken.He may have something lying around that he can work with you on as well.

You may have to file some edges off to get that sub in there but It will work, and bring you back to budget. Or you can call High Output Enclosures and see if they can make you one at bare bones. I think Buck is the one that makes the H.O.E. enclosures if Im not Mistaken.He may have something lying around that he can work with you on as well.
Thank you for all the information it’s very informative and much appreciated. For the sub would I go with the 4 ohm?

If you can’t install yourself the $200 of that is likely going to be consumed by install cost.

Big 3 and amp power wire - $110

deck - $80

Sub - $150
a beefy 10 is a good idea so you can slightly manipulate output by increasing box size

amp - $190

Box - $150

audiobahn recommendation . Yish that’s an expensive prefab I bet if you checked your local craigslist or let go there’s a guy near your that builds enclosures who could shave that cost for a bare bones box

wire reducers - $12

rca -$12

speaker wire - $20 (save the rest for when you your doors)

fuses/holders - $14

The option I laid out requires you to crimp your own lugz to wire but you’ll have to that with the kit too so you might as well do em all. Also a spooo if wire is good so you’ll have it when you do your doors

If you can’t install yourself the $200 of that is likely going to be consumed by install cost.

Big 3 and amp power wire - $110

deck - $80

Sub - $150
a beefy 10 is a good idea so you can slightly manipulate output by increasing box size

amp - $190

Box - $150

audiobahn recommendation . Yish that’s an expensive prefab I bet if you checked your local craigslist or let go there’s a guy near your that builds enclosures who could shave that cost for a bare bones box

wire reducers - $12

rca -$12

speaker wire - $20 (save the rest for when you your doors)

fuses/holders - $14

The option I laid out requires you to crimp your own lugz to wire but you’ll have to that with the kit too so you might as well do em all. Also a spooo if wire is good so you’ll have it when you do your doors
The install i can do myself I’m pretty confident on that just wasn’t sure on brand and other things I needed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.