New to car audio, need advice please

Just finished up the PS5 Spiderman remastered. Yeah Pioneer and Kenwood have better firmware, quality, features and all around 1000 times better. Those reviews on Amazon on that sort of stuff are known to be boosted by fake accounts and people who are working for the company. I never trust Amazon reviews on Car Audio well tbh a lot of their products that have a odd name like that one does. You will be much happier with a head unit like that. Sonicelectronix and Crutchfield if you buy through them they give you a mounting kit and harness for installing a aftermarket head unit for free

@[B]shredder2[/B] not very loud, I don't want to be a nuisance or anything, I live in an apartment. I would be happy without a sub woofer. main goal is just speakers first, then (maybe) head unit. edit, i should also reinstate only one of my speakers work and it's crap.

Do you like bass at all? If not, just replace your stock speakers with some JBL's or Infinity Kappa 6-½" coaxials and a small four channel amp (50 watts x 4). Then, you can always add a small sub later if you want to.

Dude, just call Crutchfield if you're not sure, they're very helpful on the phone and every time I've ever called in the guys know their stuff.

I'm a big fan of JBL/Infinity lineup for components but I've had fairly good luck with Kicker as well. I'd suggest you buy a step up from entry level though, that's the biggest bang for your buck upgrade, from there you start to hit diminishing returns quickly trying to spend more.

Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer are sort of the top 3 HU manufacturers. I've really liked the Sony lineup for the past 7 years or so too and I'd rank them up with the other top brands with their current offerings. JVC is pretty much Kenwood with less features or older technology so a fine budget minded option. I've run Jensen head units in the past with good results as well. Durability isn't the greatest but sound/performance/features for the money are very good. Avoid flea market brand head units at all costs. They will perform poorly and fail prematurely.

You may or may not want a sub but you can add that down the road. You may want to purchase a pannel prying tool to pop door panels, otherwise if you have scewdrivers, wire cutter/crimper, and a socket set you can typically do about anything by way of replacing OEM car audio stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.