New system setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hogan1998

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L v6. I’m wanting to run 45000 watts rms. Subs are 2 skar vxf 12s. Amps are skar rp4500.1d and Skar rp75.4 4 channel amp. Will 1/0 wire be sufficient? What size alternator do I need? Will 2 Xs power d3100s be enough power for my system? Thanks

I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L v6. I’m wanting to run 4500 watts rms. Subs are 2 skar vxf 12s. Amps are skar rp4500.1d and Skar rp75.4 4 channel amp. Will 1/0 wire be sufficient? What size alternator do I need? Will 2 Xs power d3100s be enough power for my system? Thanks

The skar rp4500.1d has one 1/0 power terminal and one 1/0 ground terminal. Your probably thinking of the skar skv24500.1 which has dual 1/0 power and ground terminals.

Attachments

• 47DA9196-8A76-46B0-8C50-D401629CCF8A.png
    47DA9196-8A76-46B0-8C50-D401629CCF8A.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 92
Will 1/0 wire be sufficient?
Yes and No. Amp recommends that size but that particular version only has 1 terminal. Weird to have 1 terminal for 250-300A grade power wire but then directly advertise that the amp has an internal 450A fuse ? (I guess skar figures if your buying a budget amp your never going to spend 2000+ dollars on electrical upgrades)
What size alternator do I need?
DC, Singer, and Mechman are the brands you should be eyeballing. This is an example of one DC makes for your particular car

In regards to size depends on what you actually want to accomplish, what the companies actually make for your vechicle, and what can you realistically afford. Most of these aftermarket alts are anywhere from like 200A to 370A range.
Will 2 Xs power d3100s be enough power for my system? Thanks
I would start with aftermarket alt, a really good XS battery under the hood, and big 3. From that point you can monitor usage/voltage and see if more batteries are even needed

Yes and No. Amp recommends that size but that particular version only has 1 terminal. Weird to have 1 terminal for 250-300A grade power wire but then directly advertise that the amp has an internal 450A fuse ? (I guess skar figures if your buying a budget amp your never going to spend 2000+ dollars on electrical upgrades)
DC, Singer, and Mechman are the brands you should be eyeballing. This is an example of one DC makes for your particular car

In regards to size depends on what you actually want to accomplish, what the companies actually make for your vechicle, and what can you realistically afford. Most of these aftermarket alts are anywhere from like 200A to 370A range.
I would start with aftermarket alt, a really good XS battery under the hood, and big 3. From that point you can monitor usage/voltage and see if more batteries are even needed
Thank you

Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.