New system setup

Hogan1998

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 11, 2021
Louisiana
I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L v6. I’m wanting to run 45000 watts rms. Subs are 2 skar vxf 12s. Amps are skar rp4500.1d and Skar rp75.4 4 channel amp. Will 1/0 wire be sufficient? What size alternator do I need? Will 2 Xs power d3100s be enough power for my system? Thanks

Hogan1998

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 11, 2021
Louisiana
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L v6. I’m wanting to run 4500 watts rms. Subs are 2 skar vxf 12s. Amps are skar rp4500.1d and Skar rp75.4 4 channel amp. Will 1/0 wire be sufficient? What size alternator do I need? Will 2 Xs power d3100s be enough power for my system? Thanks

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
Yup i was looking at the wrong amp. I still would do two runs of 1/0, but others with more expertise will likely chime in.

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
Will 1/0 wire be sufficient?
Yes and No. Amp recommends that size but that particular version only has 1 terminal. Weird to have 1 terminal for 250-300A grade power wire but then directly advertise that the amp has an internal 450A fuse ? (I guess skar figures if your buying a budget amp your never going to spend 2000+ dollars on electrical upgrades)
What size alternator do I need?
DC, Singer, and Mechman are the brands you should be eyeballing. This is an example of one DC makes for your particular car

In regards to size depends on what you actually want to accomplish, what the companies actually make for your vechicle, and what can you realistically afford. Most of these aftermarket alts are anywhere from like 200A to 370A range.
Will 2 Xs power d3100s be enough power for my system? Thanks
I would start with aftermarket alt, a really good XS battery under the hood, and big 3. From that point you can monitor usage/voltage and see if more batteries are even needed

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
I have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L v6. I’m wanting to run 45000 watts rms. Subs are 2 skar vxf 12s. Amps are skar rp4500.1d and Skar rp75.4 4 channel amp. Will 1/0 wire be sufficient? What size alternator do I need? Will 2 Xs power d3100s be enough power for my system? Thanks
Where are you at in Louisiana?

Hogan1998

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 11, 2021
Louisiana
Yes and No. Amp recommends that size but that particular version only has 1 terminal. Weird to have 1 terminal for 250-300A grade power wire but then directly advertise that the amp has an internal 450A fuse ? (I guess skar figures if your buying a budget amp your never going to spend 2000+ dollars on electrical upgrades)
DC, Singer, and Mechman are the brands you should be eyeballing. This is an example of one DC makes for your particular car

In regards to size depends on what you actually want to accomplish, what the companies actually make for your vechicle, and what can you realistically afford. Most of these aftermarket alts are anywhere from like 200A to 370A range.
I would start with aftermarket alt, a really good XS battery under the hood, and big 3. From that point you can monitor usage/voltage and see if more batteries are even needed
Thank you

Hogan1998

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 11, 2021
Louisiana

Thank you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds