New System Buildlog

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
things are starting to be ordered and shipped....

pics will be here as well as a full buildlog with photos

heres the stuff

HU: Eclipse CD7200MKII

Tweets: Blaupunkt VC100 tweets

Mids: Dayton Audio 175s

Subs: 2 ID8 in .55 cube box in rear quarter panel

Amp: Soundstream D'Argantan 5 channel

kicker wiring, second skin deadening etc etc

running active

in the car in the avatar

id change up that front stage .. seems if ur going active u prolly lookin for something that sounds good... try out madisound for some raw drivers

I like the quarter panel installs. I just fiberglassed a ported trunk enclosure for mine when i had it. Got plenty loud with the stock subs removed.

gtosub001.jpg

Can't wait to see how yours goes.

if im not mistaken those are raw drivers...and they pair up nice

nice install, i need to save as much room in the boot as possible

Ya got more posts in here than I got in mine and I have pics lol, guess my pics just **** that bad lol.

I would certainly settle for some pics of your car though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The setup sounds pretty solid, but then I don't know too much about going active, seems it is a lot of trial and error on which drivers you pick. The 2 ID 8's should sound pretty good though, are they gonna be firing through the rear deck? or just standard into the trunk?

Ya got more posts in here than I got in mine and I have pics lol, guess my pics just **** that bad lol.
I would certainly settle for some pics of your car though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The setup sounds pretty solid, but then I don't know too much about going active, seems it is a lot of trial and error on which drivers you pick. The 2 ID 8's should sound pretty good though, are they gonna be firing through the rear deck? or just standard into the trunk?
neither...im removing the rear quarter panel where a 6.5 is and building a small sealed box and putting the panel back on...youd never even know it was there

neither...im removing the rear quarter panel where a 6.5 is and building a small sealed box and putting the panel back on...youd never even know it was there
OH, I like that idea. by rear quarter panel your not talking about the rear quarter on the outside of the car right? Your talking inside the car on the sides of the back seat? If so that sure would be pretty sweet.

correct...they just call them that over on the GTO forums...it currently holds a 6 1/2 but i got the dimensions and cuts i need to build a box that fits in there...

gonna start the build on the box soon...and Don has my HU....the amp is on its way and the tweets have been ordered...

its weird being out of the car audio game for a while then getting ready to do another install...i am actually very excited

should be pretty sweet.

I couldn't stand not having a system when I got my truck, then it took me nearly 6 months to get off my butt and actually install stuff lol. Make sure you take plenty of pics this should be pretty sweet, specially with the subs in that location, sometimes less is more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif specially with this car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.