New System about to be under way...

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
For those who care lol, i ordered my SDC2.5 15's today(before they sold out for good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif). Ready to start working on my truck.

My plan is 2 of these 15's in about 7.25 cubes net after displacements with 1-10" Aero port, and tuned to 37hz, with 10.80 square inches of port per cube. Will be powering them with around 2.5 - 3k have not made a decision on a amp or amps yet, but im looking. It will probably be a budget amp as well, possibly 2 Apsm 1500s strapped, but will be set to do about 2500(or 1.2k each) to avoid extensive clipping and the power handling of the subs. Would like to find a good 2.5k - 3k amp at 1ohm but idk yet.

But ready to get her beatin.....

I don't think you need that much power. That's a pretty big box, so the power handling will go down for the subs. They'll also be more efficient, so another reason not to have that much power. I would say 1.5KW at 1ohm is plenty. With a box that big, you will gain the low extension, but I think it would be on the sloppier side. Since you went the soundqubed way, may just want to throw their 1200W amp on those. Should be a good match.

i never got to clamp my phd2 when i had the sdc2.5 in my Honda. it was in a 5~cube box taking 1-1.2k with ease. only slight warmth after my ride to and from work. 45m to a hour depending on how traffic is. im a full tilt balls to the wall bass head if that helps.

I don't think you need that much power. That's a pretty big box, so the power handling will go down for the subs. They'll also be more efficient, so another reason not to have that much power. I would say 1.5KW at 1ohm is plenty. With a box that big, you will gain the low extension, but I think it would be on the sloppier side. Since you went the soundqubed way, may just want to throw their 1200W amp on those. Should be a good match.
for what im wanting out of it il need the extra power. its for daily but put up decent numbers for the occasional comps for fun. 3.5 cubes per sub for soundqubed subs isnt big, their subs like huge boxes thats why i didnt go bigger. most people put 1 of these in like 4+ cubes

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

sounds like a nice daily setup. Go with a SQ 2200. Have all soundqubed. That would be a perfect match and very clean looking.
yea hoping it will do decent on term lab as well lol

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

i never got to clamp my phd2 when i had the sdc2.5 in my Honda. it was in a 5~cube box taking 1-1.2k with ease. only slight warmth after my ride to and from work. 45m to a hour depending on how traffic is. im a full tilt balls to the wall bass head if that helps.
phd2?

also internal bracing is gonna bring done the size some, it will be closure to 3.5 cubes net per sub, maybe alittle less or little more lol

Im sure it will. i have never seen a AQ/SQ setup that hasnt put up decent numbers. 5 years after having my AQ setup they are still the best bang for the buck hands down. I loved my hd3s on 5k. they really shine when tuned between 35-40hz. I loved mine at 35hz. Killed everything until i tore a spider but that was user error lol

Im sure it will. i have never seen a AQ/SQ setup that hasnt put up decent numbers. 5 years after having my AQ setup they are still the best bang for the buck hands down. I loved my hd3s on 5k. they really shine when tuned between 35-40hz. I loved mine at 35hz. Killed everything until i tore a spider but that was user error lol
lol yea, they are POWER HUNGRY subs, i have 1 18" on like 800 rms for like a 1yr and half, it still felt new when i sold it lol

Yea, let me know how it sounds in a box that big, I'm also very curious. My friend just got his HDS312 installed in a 2cu ft box tuned in the mid 30s - that thing absolutely slams. It's powered by my old 8yr old audibahn 2300HCT. It's a class A/B and there's always debated about how much it actually puts out, but it sounds absolutely perfect. Hits with such authority.

Yea, let me know how it sounds in a box that big, I'm also very curious. My friend just got his HDS312 installed in a 2cu ft box tuned in the mid 30s - that thing absolutely slams. It's powered by my old 8yr old audibahn 2300HCT. It's a class A/B and there's always debated about how much it actually puts out, but it sounds absolutely perfect. Hits with such authority.
yea i was told by them that 3.25 cubes would be good i just dont want it to be to small and be really peaky.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.