New Sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

dshaver

Hey guys!

Yesterday on the way home from a road trip with my brother, we blew his Polk DB1240dvc. We're not super concerned about it, but we're not sure which way to go for a new sub. We have looked into Fi, Orion, Ascendant Audio, Audioque, TC Sounds, DC Audio and several other brands, and the two main options we are considering are the Orion XTR Pro 124 and the Audioque SDC2.5 12.

The sub will be on a Rockford Fosgate R500-1 (birth sheet says 535 watts RMS at 2 ohms) in a 1.65 cubic foot box tuned to 34hz. Which of these subs will be cleanest and which will be the loudest? I have no experience with either

I would also like to hear any other options to consider. Our budget is pretty low (preferably in the $150 range) for a single sub.

Thanks in advance,

Dane

first off do u kno why it blew by chance? over power? clipping? u should figure that out before u move on to a new one

u dont have that much power but i would give the dcon a shot...talk to bassin buick....

I think we were just giving it too much power, but I don't know much about clipping or how to tell if there was any clipping going on. Those DCONs are only rated at 300 watts, do you think they can take the 500+ that we would be running?

and about clipin dont turn you gains up too high and you'll be good. and if you do get one get a 2ohm so you can wire it at 2ohms i've personally never had a sub like that so im not sure if that is going to be too much power going to it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.