New sub help

tornadobob

Aug 17, 2014
IN
Hey all,

I just purchased a 4 ohm dvc sub, and had previously a 4 ohm monoblock amplifier. Is it possible to wire these together? And how?

Info: it's a Alpine S-W10D4 with all four pins next to each other (Red-Black-R-B)

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
and had previously a 4 ohm monoblock amplifier.
Only 4 ohms monoblock amps I have seen are full range. So if you were using it for sub duty, it can probably handle a 2 ohms load. Wire the sub black to black and red to red, then to the amplifier itself. That will give a 2ohms load. What amp make and model is it?

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

tornadobob

Aug 17, 2014
IN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is a Power Acoustik R1500.1D. Only issue with the 2 ohm is it pushed 900 watts at 2, and the sub is a 600 watt RMS.

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
It is a Power Acoustik R1500.1D. Only issue with the 2 ohm is it pushed 900 watts at 2, and the sub is a 600 watt RMS.
When all is connected, turn the GAIN all the way to 2V or higher. Turn on the system, then turn up the radio to the highest volume you listen to it, with the best bass line song you have. Now turn the GAIN to the opposite of 2V until you are comfortable with how the sub is hitting. Done. If the bass is not enough for your other songs, you could adjust a bit, just mind the heavy bass songs.

tornadobob

Aug 17, 2014
IN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So the extra 300 watts RMS won't matter if I have the gain turned down enough?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds