New setup - Need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

WillisMyName

CarAudio.com Newbie
Alabama
Just recently got everything delivered. I have a 2004 Mustang GT
So I purchased a SA X12 V2 1500W RMS Sub and wired it in a Qbomb 12VL and paired it with SA1500d monoblock.
However, the amp didn't work. The clip light was constant and the power and protection lights flashed every few seconds or so. Speaker got no power but the amp was definitely pulling power. All wiring was good. Tested the amp in a friends setup and same thing. Went out and bought a cheap 650rms(probably not even that) and it worked fine. The sub hits but I am certain it can be hitting way harder. I do plan on building the ported enclosure model provided buy Sundown for my specific speaker. I am curious as to what amp you guys would recommend to pair with it since I have to return this one anyways. The current box will not fit in my trunk as is and the dimensions of the box I plan to build will have to slightly change to fit. It is an inch taller than my current box which is like 2 inches from fitting in the tiny trunk. My mids and highs are still coming from my factory mach460 system. I am not sure how difficult it will be for my to install much better door speakers and tweeters but I'd love some recommendations or advice on what I should get or do for my mids and highs to keep up with my bass.

Sorry if this is in really bad format or hard to read.
Thanks

Could have bought brand new in box for 223 with free shipping.

Let me know if you need a box design for that 12. I've done many many Sundown boxes, they're in my top 5 as far as subs go. I can definitely help you out there.

I would run an amplified front stage with a good set of components and wouldn't worry about the rear speakers, leave them on the radio or something.

Let me know if you need a box design for that 12. I've done many many Sundown boxes, they're in my top 5 as far as subs go. I can definitely help you out there.

I would run an amplified front stage with a good set of components and wouldn't worry about the rear speakers, leave them on the radio or something.
Sending you an E-mail about a box design. Would also like to talk more about the components and recommendations if you have them. I was just gonna go with top of the line Skar on those but I would love other input and advice.

Or run a more midbass heavy sp
Sending you an E-mail about a box design. Would also like to talk more about the components and recommendations if you have them. I was just gonna go with top of the line Skar on those but I would love other input and advice.

I replied. I'll tell you everything I know, haha. I'll give you some really good starting tips and thoughts.

Update:
My hood flew open and smashed my windshield on my way home from work yesterday. The hood is cracked, the windshield shattered, small dents on the roof, and the area between the windshield and hood is broken.

Has been shut and latched for at least 2 days. I drive 20 miles to and from work every day so I am unsure how it happened. Even now after the fact, I can pretty much pick the car up with the hood and it doesn't come open.

So this puts a temporary hold on my setup until fixed lol

Attachments

• PXL_20210312_215946842.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210312_215946842.MP.jpg
    728.2 KB · Views: 111
  • PXL_20210312_215949669.jpg
    PXL_20210312_215949669.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20210312_215953680.jpg
    PXL_20210312_215953680.jpg
    680.9 KB · Views: 107
  • PXL_20210312_220000118.jpg
    PXL_20210312_220000118.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 107
Update:
My hood flew open and smashed my windshield on my way home from work yesterday. The hood is cracked, the windshield shattered, small dents on the roof, and the area between the windshield and hood is broken.

Has been shut and latched for at least 2 days. I drive 20 miles to and from work every day so I am unsure how it happened. Even now after the fact, I can pretty much pick the car up with the hood and it doesn't come open.

Holy sh..!!

Update:

Yeah, makes you wonder how it got loose. Maybe you need some hood pins haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.