New needing advise on what sub too buy

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lance75803

I have a rockville rxd m4 6000 w peak amp told puts out 1512 rms cea I just installed it with 2 boss 12s p129 at 1 ohm ran amp at 70% head unit at 80% each speaker was in 1.2 cf sealed box they blew after a hour sounded good for a min. I have spoke to company and they are going to refund my money .BTW in 2012 camaro . Now I DON'T WANT TO BLOW ANYMORE SUBS I can spend 400$ on them but I'm lost please help .I also seen a l7 at pawnshop yesterday no box 120$ but I don't like used stuff much. Any ideals... open to suggestions

Do you have the ability to build a box or know a friend that can help? A properly designed and built box will make or break you. Figure out how much space you can sacrifice for a box and you go from there. Space makes bass. A single good quality 12" in a proper ported box 3 cube net will walk all over a pair of cheap ones sealed in too small space.

Guess I do need work setting gains but it did sound good and was not distorting I also have a pair of kicker 10s and a power caustic 2500 mono amp I forgot to mention

I've never build a speaker box before however I used to work as a Carpenter it won't be any problem at all as long as I have a design to go by it won't be a problem.there room in trunk

I was thinking about 2 hdSq 312s but I read they won't warranty them if you blow them. I also thought about trying the 2 same boss speakers again and adding 2 good 10s

I was thinking about 2 hdSq 312s but I read they won't warranty them if you blow them. I also thought about trying the 2 same boss speakers again and adding 2 good 10s
My Squbed HDS310s sound pretty good and I havent even come close to blowing them/coils still look new/clean.Set your gains properly and have enough power supply on tap and a well built and tuned enclosure, and you should be just fine man.Im @2ohms mono,and does well in my CRV.I think Ive had mine for over a year now, and still slamm nicely

I don't think you'll have room to properly implement a pair of 12s if you want any cargo area left. You'll want probably 10 cubic feet gross and you cannot crowd the port too closer to anything.

Soundqubed HDC line is solid (i wouldn't touch any lower line from them), and they're on sale for a really good price this month last I looked. A single sub in a correctly built box is plenty and if you set your gain correctly it should hang with either of your amps. If you can get 4-5 cube net box a single 15, would do a lot.

Keep in mind a sheet of 3/4" wood displaces about 2 cubic feet, and a properly designed port will eat up 1/4 to 1/3 of your gross volume, so if you think you have 6 cube you probably only have 3.5-4 cube net.

DO NOT mix match subs/amps. Less is more, particularly if you go with something of decent quality.

DIY Cut Sheets

You may find something here for a sub enclosure to build on your own? Pretty generic, but its something you may be able to utilize to your advantage/needs?Looks like the Stickys in help 101 are shut down from what I spent time on..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.