New needing advise on what sub too buy

Participant count
  • Participant list
50L 16h 20w 9 inches in I drop to 13.5 due to factory speakers and main problem is size of trunk opening 32 at widest point by about 18
Im not an expert on building boxes/enclosures, though I have built my share for myself,and a couple for others over the years.Id ask or run a thread on building an enclosure for your vehicle.At one time, in a 91 Integra,I didnt have a whole lot of space to work with for a single enclosure,and would have taken alot of space I wasnt willing to give up.I ended up making two ported enclosures for a pair of tens.one on left and one on right side of rear hatch that gave me room for extra batt, and my amps in the middle,and worked Great!

50L 16h 20w 9 inches in I drop to 13.5 due to factory speakers and main problem is size of trunk opening 32 at widest point by about 18
You may be able to find a build log on here with that vehicle and get some info. on a well built and tuned enclosure.

Thinking about a single hds315 would it handle the amp at 2ohm without trouble I'm confused about the 3 different ratings that amp has cea 1000 w at 2 ohm rms 2000 at 2 ohm then max of 3000 or should I wire it to 1 ohm cea 1500 3000rms 6000max I would say 2ohm but I just don't know

Decided to go with the hds312 for now built new box 26L 13h 20w 2x11.5 baffle opening
Thats a great sub woofer. Be sure to give the sub a chance to loosen up(2-3 weeks) maybe a month you will notice a huge difference in performance at that time.You will need to reset your gains accordingly to keep from clipping.About another two-3 weeks, Id check once more, and you should be set for a while. A single 12 is a beast on its own for the money.You should enjoy the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.