New Line of Linear Power Amps Available this Spring

$900 to$1,000 for 150 watts RMS... Will they have "For the Love of Money" printed on them instead of Music?

There is a certain "Quality" about them you apparently wouldn't know anything about...

There is a certain "Quality" about them you apparently wouldn't know anything about...
First off, $6 a watt is plain nuts in this day and age, unless you are talking about Audison Thesis, Brax, or Helix amplifiers. Secondly, how can the word quality even be mentioned on an unreleased product? I didn't see any Mundorf capacitors in the photos or anything else over the top to justify the $6+ per watt price.

First off, $6 a watt is plain nuts in this day and age, unless you are talking about Audison Thesis, Brax, or Helix amplifiers. Secondly, how can the word quality even be mentioned on an unreleased product? I didn't see any Mundorf capacitors in the photos or anything else over the top to justify the $6+ per watt price.
lulz.

hope that response satisfies you.

lulz.

hope that response satisfies you.
It satisfies me perfectly fine and tells me all I need to know about you. By believing what you were told BEFORE the release of a product, you fell for one of the greatest marketing tactics of all times! Bravo! P. T. Barnum said it the best: "There's a sucker born every minute"

It satisfies me perfectly fine and tells me all I need to know about you. By believing what you were told BEFORE the release of a product, you fell for one of the greatest marketing tactics of all times! Bravo! P. T. Barnum said it the best: "There's a sucker born every minute"

U Mad Bro. Broski, jelly

Im assuming youve gotten rid of all the noise and feedback issues that plagued the sought after old school LP stuff?

At these price points JL looks great.

Im assuming youve gotten rid of all the noise and feedback issues that plagued the sought after old school LP stuff?
If they continued along the DPS line of things that should be a non-issue. While my DPSQ50 did have a transformer noise, that was an easy fix. My DPS500 was perfect in all regards except for the fact that I had decided that I wasn't going to run Linear Power amplifiers ever again by that point. I can't complain because I didn't lose a dime selling them to a buyer in Japan! In fact, I made money, a good bit of it and I would NEVER consider electronics to be an investment vehicle!

Not just price but the amount of power for the area occupied. Another plus is with the JL Audio RIPS system because you don't have to uninstall the amplifier to change out the power supply taps when switching drivers that have different nominal impedance loads. In my currently planned install, that would be a royal pain since two amps are going under the front seats and will be mounted down with security fasteners.

$900 to$1,000 for 150 watts RMS... Will they have "For the Love of Money" printed on them instead of Music?
Dang man, you are a little harsh there. I remember when you said that you wouldn't even hire Ray to patch a hole in your wall, but this is a little over the top. You need to let go of that hate dude!

Me too, they put out less than rated and then thermal before you can actually use them for any amount of time.
I am sure I am not the only person who thinks its funny when someone who has never owned a Linear product can make such claims. Go back to DIYMA and **** on ChrisB's (gunz4me2) **** some more. You seem to like the taste.

I have been running a pair of modded DPS500's for the past year and have absolutely NO noise or any other types of issues. I take that back. The one issue I have is that people won't stop asking to demo my truck. A good issue to have I suppose.

All the rational people that read this thread will see right through the haters who make unsubstantiated claims, so keep them coming.

These things are gonna be sweet, hands down. And of course most of us arent gonna have the money for them, but thats what makes them exclusive. You will at least get your money back or close to it, if you purchase one and sell it.

As Ray has previously stated; they are not being made for everyone. Only those who want the very best in sound, where a 1K price tag isn't going to affect your way of life.

It's ok if that isn't you. However, hating on a product simply because you can't afford it doesn't reflect well on you.

It's called a pattern of repetition. When someone earns your trust, you start believing them when they speak. Maybe you have encountered way too many liars and deceitful people in your life to be able to comprehend this. I, for one, believe in Ray when it comes to his products and their abilities, so hearing them before purchase is really not necessary. 99% of car audio is purchased before it is heard in YOUR vehicle, loaded with YOUR choice of speakers, in a proper install. Therefore, this situation is no different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.