New HD - sub not the same as before

Participant count
  • Participant list

ashley26

I just had a new head unit - Pioneer DEH-P4000 replaced from an older Pioneer DEH-2400F. I am running 2 Pioneer 10's and an older Bazooka EL amp. The subs used to hit so clear and nice deep bass sounds. Not the same anymore since the new HU was installed. Brought back to where I got it installed and he changed some settings on the HU itself, and also changed the settings on my amp. Sounded a lot better, but still not hitting as hard or as clear. It used to sound like 90% of the bass was coming from the subs, and now you hear it more in the car's speakers than the sub. I've adjusted the bass setting on the amp. What else can I do? Is it the gain? How can I adjust that? I'm almost ready to bring it back and have them put in my old player just to have my sound back. What went wrong?!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.