new build

It holds up good but with one 200 amp alt it drops to low 12s..
probably getting 120a at idle max

invest in something like a GM large case. I get 210a at idle out of my DC Power 300XP alone and it's not even a hairpin. Paid 300 for it used lol

invest in something like a GM large case. I get 210a at idle out of my DC Power 300XP alone and it's not even a hairpin. Paid 300 for it used lol
if i could fit it id be all over it. i have a lil inline 4. id probably need to pull the motor half way out to do a bracket mod. its a strange mounting bracket. export cars **** for bang man

thats on hte highway crusing at 2k rpm. lol this VP is a beast no doubt. it makes my 9518s **** a brick. it pushes them to the limit..

thats on hte highway crusing at 2k rpm. lol this VP is a beast no doubt. it makes my 9518s **** a brick. it pushes them to the limit..
doubt it, id like to see 200a at highway speeds but its possible cold

[quote name='Papermaker85']if i could fit it id be all over it. i have a lil inline 4. id probably need to pull the motor half way out to do a bracket mod. its a strange mounting bracket. export cars **** for bang man[/QUOTE]

it cant be that hard to fit a GM large case in there, they're pretty versatile and like @hispls says, are you actually serious about competing?

[quote name='wew lad']it cant be that hard to fit a GM large case in there, they're pretty versatile and like @hispls says, are you actually serious about competing?[/QUOTE]

over time it will get louder and louder as i do a few things to make it louder. right now though i need to buy a truck/suv so once i get the alt and new amp I'm gonna stop there for a while.. i'm pretty sure i can compete and place as is.

yea might be 180 or so. if i had a 320 its be much more stable voltage wise.. the gm larg case probably puts out what i get at 3k PM at idle.
is that why i clamp 210dca out of a dc power 300xp at idle? hot

the gm larg case probably puts out what i get at 3k PM at idle.
this statement doesnt make sense. it sounds like you were saying a gm large case puts out what your alt puts out at idle at 3k but maybe i got that backwards

this statement doesnt make sense. it sounds like you were saying a gm large case puts out what your alt puts out at idle at 3k but maybe i got that backwards
Yeah that's what I meant I'm probably get 180 at 3000 RPM well as the GM large case will probably do the same at idle

Yeah that's what I meant I'm probably get 180 at 3000 RPM well as the GM large case will probably do the same at idle
a stock gm large case does 110-120a at idle hot, a bit more cold. not sure how much at peak rpm's

it's the aftermarket alts are what gets you better idle output but its really not substantial which is sad. 210a is a lot better but thats about the most ive seen

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.