new build

Participant count
  • Participant list

crackbaby1

new to the form i had a few questions and would appreciate opinions.

i had a 2013 silverado and decided i wanted to put subs into it i ended up aquirring

2 alpine type r's 10 inch

hifonics zues amp 3000 watts belive its a class D

some type of sealed box sorry its just a basic box that fits under the seats

I ended up getting rid of the truck and buying a new 2017 f150

ive aqquired a new ported foxbox to fit under the seats and was thinking of staying with type r's but here is where the dilemma kicks in.

first as soon as i got the type r's the rubber circle on the outside fell off and ended up cutting holes into the sub they have lasted 3 years and still work holes by the way are not to large about the size of a pencil eraser in a few places wondering if i should try to fix it or run the subs wait for them to break then buy brand new ones or what.

second my friend said my hifonics amp is trash and i should get a rockford fosgate 1500 watt amp wondering if you agree and if it would support 2 type r's 10 inch and if i was to get it at a later time would i need a new one for door speakers if i choose to get them

last i figured i would just mention it i got a ported foxbox from fox accustics it looks good under the seats and thats what i was looking for

any opinions or advice would be appreciated thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.