Needing Advice on a Build

Hello everyone. I hope you're having a good day. I'm turning 18 next month and planning to show my '09 Ford Fusion some love for giving me a trouble-free 25,000 miles over the last year and a half.

It's already got a nice set of speakers in it, but I'm wanting to throw in some subwoofers to give it some bang.

I'm setting a soft budget on myself of $800. I can flex with that a little bit but I'd really rather not hit $1000. I wanna roll with two 15 inch subs if possible because I'm a Big Krit fan.

My current idea was:
•2x Skar DDX-15 subs ~$360
•Skar RP-2000.1D ~$240
•Used ATrend ported box on Craigslist -$30
•Knukonceptz amp install kit ~$100
That leaves $70 for the other stuff I would need, but like i said, I'm willing to budge on that a little bit.

Or I also found a loaded box with two 15" Kickers in it on Craigslist for $150. Just not sure yet exactly what the specs are on them. I'm waiting on an email from the seller. That would bring the total cost down by around $240, assuming they work, and depending on the price of the amp I would need to get instead of the Skar amp.

What do you guys think? Should I put this plan into motion? Should I try for the Kickers instead of getting all the Skar equipment? Do you have different recommendations? Thanks for your time.

you can scratch out all that skar equipment no one on here is going to suggest you to get skarbage. not only is the owner a crook the products themselves are off the shelf meaning there is no designing or engineering done by skar they just rebrand what the manufacturer has to offer. Brands like Sundown, FI, DC, and others actually put time and effort into working with manufacturers or are the manufacturer themselves.

Hello everyone. I hope you're having a good day. I'm turning 18 next month and planning to show my '09 Ford Fusion some love for giving me a trouble-free 25,000 miles over the last year and a half.

It's already got a nice set of speakers in it, but I'm wanting to throw in some subwoofers to give it some bang.

I'm setting a soft budget on myself of $800. I can flex with that a little bit but I'd really rather not hit $1000. I wanna roll with two 15 inch subs if possible because I'm a Big Krit fan.

My current idea was:
•2x Skar DDX-15 subs ~$360
•Skar RP-2000.1D ~$240
•Used ATrend ported box on Craigslist -$30
•Knukonceptz amp install kit ~$100
That leaves $70 for the other stuff I would need, but like i said, I'm willing to budge on that a little bit.

Or I also found a loaded box with two 15" Kickers in it on Craigslist for $150. Just not sure yet exactly what the specs are on them. I'm waiting on an email from the seller. That would bring the total cost down by around $240, assuming they work, and depending on the price of the amp I would need to get instead of the Skar amp.

What do you guys think? Should I put this plan into motion? Should I try for the Kickers instead of getting all the Skar equipment? Do you have different recommendations? Thanks for your time.

I'd go with skar because their prices are best.

Big boom like that comes with lots of unexpected costs. FYI 2 15’s is gonna eat up your trunk. 2 12’s can put out too at cost of 2 cubes per sub. Also, not sure how sophisticated the 09 factory audio is but probably want to budget a quality loc to integrate the amp like an lc2i.

I’d get ab tnt 1544’s before those skars and 35$ cheaper each On amazon. Also that big skar amp may require electrical beef up like big three and a second battery to say the least. Maybe try to target 1000-1500 watts if you’re trying to stay on close to stock electrical. Custom box is more expensive but if you’re trying to get a 30$ box maybe find the specs on the web and find drivers that are okay in that box.

Big boom like that comes with lots of unexpected costs. FYI 2 15’s is gonna eat up your trunk. 2 12’s can put out too at cost of 2 cubes per sub. Also, not sure how sophisticated the 09 factory audio is but probably want to budget a quality loc to integrate the amp like an lc2i.

I’d get ab tnt 1544’s before those skars and 35$ cheaper each On amazon. Also that big skar amp may require electrical beef up like big three and a second battery to say the least. Maybe try to target 1000-1500 watts if you’re trying to stay on close to stock electrical. Custom box is more expensive but if you’re trying to get a 30$ box maybe find the specs on the web and find drivers that are okay in that box.

Yup had the Korean version of that skar amp and I was told by skar directly that at least a second battery is required.

Lol

Actually I'd order two AB xfls because with prime you get them overnight. But they're more expensive.

His budget is nowhere near what yours was. Two 15 or 12 xfl’s needs 2500-3500 watts. The electrical and trunk treatment alone will be plus 800. If He’s looking for budget boogie buying subs that take more power simply because they’re $20 less per sub is bad advice

His budget is nowhere near what yours was. Two 15 or 12 xfl’s needs 2500-3500 watts. The electrical and trunk treatment alone will be plus 800. If He’s looking for budget boogie buying subs that take more power simply because they’re $20 less per sub is bad advice

Yeah he is right.

Go with kickers at least they look cool

Okay, so just to make sure I understand what you're saying, you feel I should drop down to 12's as the 15's could potentially break things in the trunk area? I'm super new to this. I'm fairly inclined mechanically, but I've never done any electrical work on my car. I still haven't quite understood how to match a sub to amps but I'm working learning it.

Okay, so just to make sure I understand what you're saying, you feel I should drop down to 12's as the 15's could potentially break things in the trunk area? I'm super new to this. I'm fairly inclined mechanically, but I've never done any electrical work on my car. I still haven't quite understood how to match a sub to amps but I'm working learning it.
No, I’m not going to say what you do or don’t need. My advice was that when you consider woofer size you’ll have to consider general airspace requirement for the enclosure. Amp and woofer diagrams will help you with wiring and there’s plenty of YouTube videos to show you how to do a big 3 and add a second battery but a bunch of electrical upgrades due to big equipment may push you past that budget

No, I’m not going to say what you do or don’t need. My advice was that when you consider woofer size you’ll have to consider general airspace requirement for the enclosure. Amp and woofer diagrams will help you with wiring and there’s plenty of YouTube videos to show you how to do a big 3 and add a second battery but a bunch of electrical upgrades due to big equipment may push you past that budget
Okay. I think I understand now. I'm guessing there's really no sure-fire way of knowing how big of a setup is too much before you do the install and run it? I think I'm gonna try and go with a loaded enclosure to take one step out of this project. I really appreciate your patience trying to help me out here. Your comments have been really helpful.

Now my list is:
-MTX TNE212DV kit, 1000 watt RMS at 2 ohms
-Rockville DB14
-LC2i.
-Knukonceptz Kollosus OFC wire kit.

I noticed the LC2i has bass control on it, so do I still need a normal bass control knob? The Kenwood KAC-9106D looks like a nice amp too based on the reviews. Do you think that's any better than the Rockville? Any other good amps I should look out for? Does that Knukonceptz kit come with all the wiring I need or will I need more speaker/amp/etc wire for anything?

That amp dyno’ed at 1000 Watts at 2
Ohm so yeah it works. You don’t have to get the lc2i I was simply stating that you’ll want to get a quality loc not a pos.

Also that amp kit is pretty solid but I would get a kit with 1/0 power wire factoring that’s its going to be 1k and it’s going to be run to the trunk. You can get away with cca to keep costs down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.