Need Suggestions

But to be super impressive would be 4 quality eights... done right ... I had 4 doing 154s daily ....everyone expects 15s to be loud but no one expects 8s loud and low ...I've shut down and won first against many SUVs with 4 15s .. a buddy of mine went from two original L7s to 4 8s and it was night and day louder same style box ..he also did a 3 15 box but went back to the 4 8s and was louder ...I have two of his boxes the 3 15 box and 4 8 box still they were in a Dodge Dakota extended cab

Those are 500 watt rms subs with 2" voice coils for $1,489? I must be missing something.
Yes. They were a thing for a bit. Very nice sounding/performing sub with some good and unique features but way overpriced. A guy local had some and they were very nice but IMO priced about 3X more than they should have been. They had some amps as well that appeared to be cookie cutter Korean stuff with a bunch of bafflegab marketing writeup and outrageous price tags.

yea ive seen those but do they sound good? does it have a good bandwidth is what im trying to ask bc i listen to rap old school and corridos i never listen to decaf or anything of that sort
American Bass would do alright. Stay in their higher end lines. Soundqubed would get you the same place and are damn near the same thing... ditto stick with their higher end offerings. The DD 9918 would be a beast in an 8-10 cube DD spec box on 2500W or so. Dunno what @Louisiana_CRX wants for it but those are one of the few 4" coil subs I'd consider running myself. Not sure what SSA has going at the moment for deals but their stuff is always solid as well.

Scratch that. The Critical Mass subs I saw were the UL12 which were highly praised for a SQ driver but obscenely overpriced. Looks like the price is still completely outrageous too.

Yes. They were a thing for a bit. Very nice sounding/performing sub with some good and unique features but way overpriced. A guy local had some and they were very nice but IMO priced about 3X more than they should have been. They had some amps as well that appeared to be cookie cutter Korean stuff with a bunch of bafflegab marketing writeup and outrageous price tags.

American Bass would do alright. Stay in their higher end lines. Soundqubed would get you the same place and are damn near the same thing... ditto stick with their higher end offerings. The DD 9918 would be a beast in an 8-10 cube DD spec box on 2500W or so. Dunno what @Louisiana_CRX wants for it but those are one of the few 4" coil subs I'd consider running myself. Not sure what SSA has going at the moment for deals but their stuff is always solid as well.

I'm not sure that he could fit a box for that 18 or 2-15's. He might be best with two AB HD12D4's.

But to be super impressive would be 4 quality eights... done right ... I had 4 doing 154s daily ....everyone expects 15s to be loud but no one expects 8s loud and low ...I've shut down and won first against many SUVs with 4 15s .. a buddy of mine went from two original L7s to 4 8s and it was night and day louder same style box ..he also did a 3 15 box but went back to the 4 8s and was louder ...I have two of his boxes the 3 15 box and 4 8 box still they were in a Dodge Dakota extended cab

I saw a video of a guy who hit over 145 with four 6.5's. I have two VFL8's in my standard cab Dodge on a DD M80 (900 watts @1 ohm).
Screenshot_20200816-181449_Gallery.jpg

blues clues with the mijos im dead bro 💀, but yea that sounds good cos usually when i ride with people we dont really turn up the system all the way up unless they say to do it which is rare, i usually have it cranked when im alone tho so that sounds good to get good front stage and alright speakers in the rear thx

We need to know the max size box dimensions that you can build? Length, width, and height.

Isnt the cargo behind a Burban last row Full size? Thinking of like third rows on sequoias and stuff there’s like no room behind the third seat but suburban were all big everything. If I’m staying around 2k total budget I’m doing ab xfls. If I got money to spend I’d probably do some ssa icons.

i thought op said he was targeting a 270 amp ho alternator.

Isnt the cargo behind a Burban last row Full size? Thinking of like third rows on sequoias and stuff there’s like no room behind the third seat but suburban were all big everything. If I’m staying around 2k total budget I’m doing ab xfls. If I got money to spend I’d probably do some ssa icons.

i thought op said he was targeting a 270 amp ho alternator.
yea im not worried about the electrical stuff at this moment im trying to figure out what my budget for the actual system is, the wiring batteries and alts are gonna b seperate

So, right at 8.4 cubic feet gross. So, 2-15's should barely fit after port, bracing, speaker, and 45 displacements. Two good twelves would be a more comfortable fit.
so thats the max but realisticly i was planning on the exact box specs, were gonna b 47L, 18W and 15H with 2 8”aero ports tuned to about 34Hz, cos i still want a lil bit of space in the back

So, right at 8.4 cubic feet gross. So, 2-15's should barely fit after port, bracing, speaker, and 45 displacements. Two good twelves would be a more comfortable fit.
i was planning a box like this but subs up port back

Attachments

• 6E4EFCB0-1F86-494C-9D73-7932ED9EE944.jpeg
    6E4EFCB0-1F86-494C-9D73-7932ED9EE944.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 85
so thats the max but realisticly i was planning on the exact box specs, were gonna b 47L, 18W and 15H with 2 8”aero ports tuned to about 34Hz, cos i still want a lil bit of space in the back
So, those dimensions are roughly 5.9 cubic feet. You should go with two nice 12's. 2-Fi Q Series 12's with a Taramps Bass 5K

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.