Need Suggestions

Fi-Q has always been really solid too. The only catch with Fi is sometimes they have long lead times on building stuff.
As someone else mentioned, do make sure you budget enough for cable and other odds and ends you might need. It would be rough to blow all your money on amps and speakers then have to wait a few paydays because you don't have enough left over for cable or a distro block or whatever
yea the alternator and batteries n wires are already waiting thats why i jus have the actual system to worry about now

$2k goes quick when you start thinking about install, electrical readiness, sound treatment. You can get high performing subs for a lot less than 500$ each. Makes plenty of sense though if that’s your total sub budget. Save Some of said “paper”
what 2 15’s would b nice and loud than?

I have a pair of these bad boys for sale .....

Screenshot_20200816-183416_eBay.jpg

I'm an AB Fan. So, look at the American Bass XFL15's and the American Bass HD15's. They get loud and van take a daily beating. Plus, they are hard to beat for the price. There are plenty of videos of them on YouTube.
yea ive seen those but do they sound good? does it have a good bandwidth is what im trying to ask bc i listen to rap old school and corridos i never listen to decaf or anything of that sort

yea ive seen those but do they sound good? does it have a good bandwidth is what im trying to ask bc i listen to rap old school and corridos i never listen to decaf or anything of that sort

I'm running a single HD15 and love it. They do have an XR line, which is their sound quality line. The HD line is a mix of both. Both are pretty much the same price.
Screenshot_20200816-165730_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200816-165854_Samsung Internet.jpg

96.87 sensitivity ... I have 2 in the box for less than th he one is selling for ...most subs are in the 80s as far as sensitivity ... these get louder on less power and hit low doing it .. I bought mine for a build a couple of years ago and never finished it out .

But aren't the subs built a lot stronger these days? Back in 89' I had two RF pro series 12's, dual 8 ohm. I had them wired to two ohms with a Nakamichi PA-400m. I was only feeding each sub 220 watts, but it was loud as anything in my 89' Probe. Those subs must've had a high sensitivity, as well.

But aren't the subs built a lot stronger these days? Back in 89' I had two RF pro series 12's, dual 8 ohm. I had them wired to two ohms with a Nakamichi PA-400m. I was only feeding each sub 220 watts, but it was loud as anything in my 89' Probe. Those subs must've had a high sensitivity, as well.
Yes a lot of the early subs were higher sensitivity..that's why they played louder on less power ..other advantages to less power not as much electrical upgrades... the new subs are made to handle more power ... so stiffer suspensions more spiders ..mean lower sensitivity...I've seen some high power subs with 78db sensitivity ...it would take 2000 watts to make that sub hit like 500 watts on a sub with a sensitivity of 96 or so

Though more power is cheaper these days ..electrical upgrades to support those high power amps is still pretty expensive ....why waste money on a 3000 watt amp when you dont have the electrical to support it and have it go up in smoke ...the electrical needed cost way more than the amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.