need subwoofer building help

Participant count
  • Participant list

subwooferdummy

lehi, ut
so i'm trying to build a subwoofer, and i have a ton of questions. how do i know what spider to get? what is the difference between flat linear roll, and progressive roll? how many should i get? do i have to get the same size surround as the old cone? what is the difference between aluminum flat wire coils, and copper round wire coils? could i use a coil with no holes in it, when my old coil had holes in it? could i just drill my own holes? if anyone has any info for me, it would be greatly appreciated. i'm trying to turn a 12'' dd 9500d into a 10''. i hope this is the right place for this post because i couldn't find anywhere else to put it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.