Participant count
  • Participant list

will2helm

I have a 2013 Jetta TDI Fender Audio System

Additions: 2013

JL Audio Stealthbox®

Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" W1v2 subwoofer

JL Audio JX500/1D

Mono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms with a remote volume control

2014 - Looking to upgrade the factory door speakers and tweeters with the following:

CL441dsp: CleanSweep®

CL-SSI: CleanSweep® Signal Summing Interface

Alpine SPR-60C (2Pairs)

JL Audio JX360/4 360W 4-Channel Class A/B JX Series Full-Range Car Amplifier

My question to fellow members. Should I run the Stealthbox through the summing interface (CL-SSI) since it has an additional output channel for the sub? Will it make a big difference in sound spectrum to the sub? I installed the Stealth Box in 2013 and it makes a huge difference already, the low end is really impressive and it balances the soundscape to be better balanced system. Currently, I have adjusted the factory - bass to negative levels and placed the treble and mids at to maximum levels to compensate for the lack of factory handling capabilities of the factory speakers.

Has anyone else had any experiencing with this type of install. I will use my trusted installation guy, since I dont want this to turn into a week long event?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.