Need Questions Answered! Please

Ok guys, so i want to upgrade the amp in my car from the 2 SoundQubed 1200D strapped pushing about 2500wrms, to the Soundqubed 4500D.

I currently have a yellow top under the hood and a Kintetik HC2000-rev in the back. All 1/0 Gauge and big 3 upgraded.

Is it possible to run 2 Dual 2 ohm subs down to 1 ohm? Or since the Amp has dual speaker inputs would i just wire each sub alone to 1 ohm and plug into the amp?

Also in the 2000 toyota Corolla i have a stock alt, but everything else is upgraded. Battery under the hood, battery in back. All 1/0 AWG wiring. Big 3.

Basically what im asking is, if i use this setup with the 4500 watt amp what kind of power would i get out of the amp. Will it be louder then the 2 1200d strapped.

The car is fairly old and dont want to put a HO alternator in it or more batteries.

Will it be worth the buy?

No, you can wire to .5 or 2. What is your voltage drop like right now? That stock alt ain't gonna hang with a 4500 imo. What are you wired to now? 1 ohm strapped?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No, you can wire to .5 or 2. What is your voltage drop like right now? That stock alt ain't gonna hang with a 4500 imo. What are you wired to now? 1 ohm strapped?
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Right now since they are strapped. Im running both 15s at 2ohm strapped power of 2600 watts.

Voltage drop isnt below 12v.

Nothing dims

Don't want multiple batteries but already have 2. yeah you make no sense.

It takes power to make power.

Get rid of the 4500 and go with the 2200.

Right now since they are strapped. Im running both 15s at 2ohm strapped power of 2600 watts.
Voltage drop isnt below 12v.

Nothing dims
Strapped makes you have a lot of box rise. Meaning you are seeing pess than 1000 actual watta if you clamp it. Amps are fine, its just physics and the nature of subwoofers seeingpower in an enclosure along with strapping making it worse.

No alt, no play. If space and batteries is an issue, just sell all your batts and get a single lithium ion 40 ah battery under the hood.

Come on you must have made some money stealin those youtube vids.

Strapped makes you have a lot of box rise. Meaning you are seeing pess than 1000 actual watta if you clamp it. Amps are fine, its just physics and the nature of subwoofers seeingpower in an enclosure along with strapping making it worse.
No alt, no play. If space and batteries is an issue, just sell all your batts and get a single lithium ion 40 ah battery under the hood.

Come on you must have made some money stealin those youtube vids.
Exactly!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.