Need help with my setup

Siikdude

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
So i have 2 skar zvx 12 V2 d2 and I bought a

Taramps HD 3000 2 Ohms Class D Full Range Mono Amplifier. I'm unsure why isn't it bumping loud and strong. I have it wired series parallel it should be 2 ohm final load at amp.. I could get s bigger amp if that's my issue or a better box.? I have a sealed box. The subs are rated 1500 rms and max peak 3000. It could also be my battery not being strong enough.? I have a power distribution block that runs from my battery to the block that goes to my 3000watt amp and my 1000 watt thats connected to my speakers and my music is going thru a aux to rca that runs to my 1000 watt amp to hear music. And then I have some rca wires running from that 1000watt amp to my 3000 watt amp rca to receive the music 😬. Still waiting on my aftermarket radio. I fried my 4500 watt 4 channel amp that powered my speakers perfectly fine with my stock radio have no idea what I did to the radio I fried it a while back messing with some cables back there and my amp is now stuck in protection mode.​

Last edited:
Use a multimeter to check the resistance before it goes into the amp, so you know what the final load is.

That amp is rated 2025 w RMS @ 2 ohms (@12.6v). So you're shorting them on power. Is that the problem? 14.4v is about another 15% so were about 2300w. So you're still shorting em.

Ported enclosures are ALWAYS going to hit much harder than sealed. If that's what you want, and getting a new enclosure that works, there's the two things you need to do, to really get some.

Do you have a larger alternator? You're going to need one for 4K watts.

I would also recommend to get the Big3 done in 0ga OFC or Larger. Tell us exactly what your supply wiring consist of as well and ground wiring.. Size and type/types. CCA of OFC or Welding cable? What vehicle, and size of alternator and Brand, size and Type of battery/batteries.

I'd say your box is part of the problem. Not all subs do well sealed (skar doent reccommed sealed for those) and generally speaking most subs need more power to overcome a sealed box for output. Also sealed won't be as loud as the same subs properly ported so you need to keep that in mind as well.

Use a multimeter to check the resistance before it goes into the amp, so you know what the final load is.

That amp is rated 2025 w RMS @ 2 ohms (@12.6v). So you're shorting them on power. Is that the problem? 14.4v is about another 15% so were about 2300w. So you're still shorting em.

Ported enclosures are ALWAYS going to hit much harder than sealed. If that's what you want, and getting a new enclosure that works, there's the two things you need to do, to really get some.

Okay I'll be checking that with a miltimeter today so I should be looking at getting 12.6v to my amp correct? Also this is what the specs says for my amp.. I checked it on there page https://www.taramps.com.br/en/produto/hd-3000-2-ohms/. It says @12.6 VDC at 2 Ohms: 3000 Watts Rms. If u could check that for me.. Im thinking about probably getting a bigger amp does 6000 watt sound good for my 2 1500rms 3000max peak subs? Since I am under powering them.. And if I do get this 6000 watt amp could I be looking at a bigger alternator? Bigger than a 4k watt? Idk if ur adding the watts of my amps.. But if u r.. I might need a 6000+4500 maybe a 12k? If that's even a thing. I have a 2010 jeep wrangler with a stock alternator my battery is also stock.. It's a econocraft idk what model couldn't find it. But like I said it dims my lights when I use my subs and speakers.

I'd say your box is part of the problem. Not all subs do well sealed (skar doent reccommed sealed for those) and generally speaking most subs need more power to overcome a sealed box for output. Also sealed won't be as loud as the same subs properly ported so you need to keep that in mind as well.
I'll be changing the box for a ported one.. any specs of the box recommended?

Last edited:
I would also recommend to get the Big3 done in 0ga OFC or Larger. Tell us exactly what your supply wiring consist of as well and ground wiring.. Size and type/types. CCA of OFC or Welding cable? What vehicle, and size of alternator and Brand, size and Type of battery/batteries.
I have a 2010 jeep wrangler 4 door.
So I have a raptor 4 gauge amp kit I believe it's a 4gauge with a 100A fuse.. I have a 200a fuse I can put in.. So that's hooked up to the battery runs all the way to the bsck of my jeep where it goes into the distribution block and has 2 out one going into the 1000 watt amp and the other to the 3000watt amp for the subs. And the ground is the same.. Its grounded and goes to a distribution block aswell. I think it's CCA of OFC.. I have a stock alternator and stock battery 😬

have a raptor 4 gauge amp kit
This here is part of the issue. Raptor is low level wire like Bullz Audio. They measure the outer jacket as part of the wire gauge. Get something ftom Skyhigh Audio, Knu Koncepts, R.Fosgate, JL Audio or any other brand that will cost at least $75 for 4 AWG kit. AFAIK for the power you are running you need at least 0 AWG.

This here is part of the issue. Raptor is low level wire like Bullz Audio. They measure the outer jacket as part of the wire gauge. Get something ftom Skyhigh Audio, Knu Koncepts, R.Fosgate, JL Audio or any other brand that will cost at least $75 for 4 AWG kit. AFAIK for the power you are running you need at least 0 AWG.
rather not have to run the risk with the lower level wire get the best if your trying to run the best

I'll be changing the box for a ported one.. any specs of the box recommended?
This is skar's recommendation

Screenshot_20231204_094825_Brave.jpg

Personally I'd prefer around 30hz

I have a 2010 jeep wrangler 4 door.

So I have a raptor 4 gauge amp kit I believe it's a 4gauge with a 100A fuse.. I have a 200a fuse I can put in.. So that's hooked up to the battery runs all the way to the bsck of my jeep where it goes into the distribution block and has 2 out one going into the 1000 watt amp and the other to the 3000watt amp for the subs. And the ground is the same.. Its grounded and goes to a distribution block aswell. I think it's CCA of OFC.. I have a stock alternator and stock battery 😬
Just my ..02 but power and ground wire isn't something to scrimp on. Quality proper size copper wire will help your amp get more power but most importantly good wire will lower your chances of it failing...you definitely don't wanna see a power wire fail 😂

Forsure guys ill buy a 0 Awg wiring set. How about for the alternator and car battery and better amp for my 2 skar zvx 12 V2 d2? What should i be getting or looking for in a battery, alternator, and amp wattage?

Forsure guys ill buy a 0 Awg wiring set. How about for the alternator and car battery and better amp for my 2 skar zvx 12 V2 d2? What should i be getting or looking for in a battery, alternator, and amp wattage?
I'm running a taramps smart3 and crescendo s6 (about a 1200w 6 channel) with a 320a alternator, 50ah agm under the hood and a 100ah agm in the rear without issue

But I'll be swapping the rear battery out for lithium in the not to distant future

Last edited:

Hey so I am getting 14v to the amp but 0.2 is going to the subwoofers only

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...