Need help with my setup

You fuse the power wire for its capacity to protect the wire from failure.

Then then about 2 ft or less of you fuse each for what it's recommended

You wouldn't use 1 giant fuse that wouldn't protect from individual failures
Haha.. So how would it look like? Having a 8000watt rms amp and a 1300watt rms connected? Like perhaps a diagram.. Using 4/0 gauge.. Or if i can push all that power thru a 2/0 Guage that would work too.. If u could maybe do a diagram of hoe everything would look with what I want to connect I would greatly appreciate it. Or anybody that does it.. I just don't want to have to upgrade after buying the good stuff.. I want to have all the good stuff needed.. As wiring goes and alternator.. And we'll the battery I can just buy another one. If needed for more power.. Oh and another thing, If i have this 8000 watt rms ohm.. At 2 ohm it puts out 4800 watts.. That's should be enough to run my 2 skar zvx 12 V2 d2 which are rated 1500 rms for one... Ill just have to find the spot where. I won't be exceeding 3000watts.. Unless I could do so at 4800watts or less if that's what the amp puts out?

Last edited:
Haha.. So how would it look like? Having a 8000watt rms amp and a 1300watt rms connected? Like perhaps a diagram.. Using 4/0 gauge.. Or if i can push all that power thru a 2/0 Guage that would work too.. If u could maybe do a diagram of hoe everything would look with what I want to connect I would greatly appreciate it. Or anybody that does it.. I just don't want to have to upgrade after buying the good stuff.. I want to have all the good stuff needed.. As wiring goes and alternator.. And we'll the battery I can just buy another one. If needed for more power.. Oh and another thing, If i have this 8000 watt rms ohm.. At 2 ohm it puts out 4800 watts.. That's should be enough to run my 2 skar zvx 12 V2 d2 which are rated 1500 rms for one... Ill just have to find the spot where. I won't be exceeding 3000watts.. Unless I could do so at 4800watts or less if that's what the amp puts out?
It depends on exactly where your batteries are and how many you have and all that. You want your fuses close to the batteries, preferably within a foot or so. What you're trying to prevent is a situation where the wire gets damaged mid-run or disconnects at the load and becomes a short to ground against your frame. If the wire pops out of the battery then it won't be a risk unless it's tied to another live wire (for example the wires connecting parallel batteries). Basically you have to diagram your system out and put a fuse anywhere there's a power source or risk. That includes the line from alt to battery, for the same reason as above. If that line frays or fails, you have a battery line shorting to ground.

Last edited:
It depends on exactly where your batteries are and how many you have and all that. You want your fuses close to the batteries, preferably within a foot or so. What you're trying to prevent is a situation where the wire gets damaged mid-run or disconnects at the load and becomes a short to ground against your frame. If the wire pops out of the battery then it won't be a risk unless it's tied to another live wire (for example the wires connecting parallel batteries). Basically you have to diagram your system out and put a fuse anywhere there's a power source or risk. That includes the line from alt to battery, for the same reason as above. If that line frays or fails, you have a battery line shorting to ground.
Oh okay.. So another question.. Which taramp should I get.. Im looking at the 8000 watts.. But unsure weather to get the MD 8000 OR THE 8000 bass. Or the smart 8000.

Oh okay.. So another question.. Which taramp should I get.. Im looking at the 8000 watts.. But unsure weather to get the MD 8000 OR THE 8000 bass. Or the smart 8000.
If you're running 1 ohm id go smart8k...if you're running .5ohm the smart bass 8

okay 8,000 watts to a pair of 1,500 watt rms subwoofer? You would be fine with a 4,500 or 5k. 8,000 is overkill. You use the RMS numbers not max wattage. Just buy a the smart 5k and set accordingly. Save the money!

Last edited:
okay 8,000 watts to a pair of 1,500 watt rms subwoofer? You would be fine with a 4,500 or 5k. 8,000 is overkill. You use the RMS numbers not max wattage. Just buy a the smart 5k and set accordingly. Save the money!
I'll be getting 4 of this skar zvxv2 d2... But at the moment I got 2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...